Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Conor McNamara (@ConorMcNamaraIE) tweeted at 11:34 AM on Tue, Mar 19, 2013:

Did a commentary with @themichaelowen recently. Not afraid to say hard truths about players he'd worked with. Interesting new career awaits?

:anguish:

Did a commentary with @themichaelowen recently. Not afraid to say hard truths about players he'd worked with. Interesting new career awaits?

'Every one worked harder than me cos I'm a money grabbing cunt who likes to fuck horses' :lol:

'Every one worked harder than me cos I'm a money grabbing cunt who likes to fuck horses' :lol:

:D :D :D

I was overjoyed when we signed him man, completely overjoyed, I was glued to SSN while the negotiations were ongoing and remember legging it downstairs when it was announced to tell my dad. He was my favourite player ever since the England Goal, I really looked up to him as a young lad and I remember defending him quite a bit while he was here. Absolute shambles the way it's worked out. He had injuries but his attitude just absolutely stinks. Good riddance tbh.

*Watches dailymotion video of him being booed when coming on as a sub against us for Man Utd*

can we please, please, please post that video here? Can the mods just let this be the one and only occasion we get it posted? Coz thats the best memory I have of him at st James' Park..please let it be posted..its for the enjoyment of every single Newcastle fan..an everlasting memory..

:sweetjesus:

Did ok for us on the pitch pretty much up until we beat Portsmouth away in the relegation season. Was a disgrace in the last third of that season though.

His goalscoring record was never bad for us, but Keegan in-particular worked wonders with him. In a footballing sense, anyway. Giving him the captaincy was a bit of a brainfart and contributed to his increasing lack of interest. Somehow.

*Watches dailymotion video of him being booed when coming on as a sub against us for Man Utd*

You got a link to this?

Search dailymotion for 'Michael Owen's return to St. James' Park'

Watched it. What are the fans singing in the background? Can't tell.

You got a link to this?

Search dailymotion for 'Michael Owen's return to St. James' Park'

Watched it. What are the fans singing in the background? Can't tell.

'There's only one greedy bastard, one greedy bastard!'

Did ok for us on the pitch pretty much up until we beat Portsmouth away in the relegation season. Was a disgrace in the last third of that season though.

His goalscoring record was never bad for us, but Keegan in-particular worked wonders with him. In a footballing sense, anyway. Giving him the captaincy was a bit of a brainfart and contributed to his increasing lack of interest. Somehow.

Aye he got two in the derby up against the might of Paul McShane and that mental (perfect?) hattrick against a super woeful West Ham. However, he couldn't have cared less at the end, even though one ferking goal in any of the last three (?) would've kept us up. He'd screwed us already a couple of seasons back by rushing back to the WC and then getting ferked again straight away, so the way he acted in the relegation season just confirmed that he was 100% in it for himself all along. Thing is, I dunno, maybe 98% in it for yourself is acceptable for a footballer these days. Expectations are so low that you really have to work at taking the piss to step over the line.