Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Put a fiver on Houllier bidding for him in Jan.

Not a bad call

Fergie would drive him down to Birmingham himself. It has to be his most embarrassing signing.

You and me both know that last sentence is a lie.

Guest Heneage

Not a bad call

Fergie would drive him down to Birmingham himself. It has to be his most embarrassing signing.

I'd say Bebe is gearing up to take the title.

I'd prefer to see his appearance at SJP greeted with silence, with no acknowledgement. That would probably say more than anything else. He didnt get 2 serious injuries on purpose, that was unlucky... the money he got I also wouldnt blame him for really, the contract was offered to him. It was his performances in the last 6 months which angered me the most (and a few comments he made when joining Man U), the situation was a mess but he could have shown more enthsusiasm as an experienced player. On the flip side he was brilliant under Keegan playing deeper, and some of the games like Sunderland at home, and Spurs 4-1 away are great memories which he was very much part of.

Not a bad call

:lol: No, I really don't know. Explain yourself, sir.

Not a bad call

Massimo Tiabi, David Bellion, Eric Djemba-Djemba for starters. Could go on for a while. I'd even toss Veron in above Owen given the fee paid.

Not a bad call

Massimo Tiabi, David Bellion, Eric Djemba-Djemba for starters. Could go on for a while. I'd even toss Veron in above Owen given the fee paid.

Every manager has signings which, for one reason or another, don't work out. What makes Owen's signing a bit exceptional is that it was widely and correctly believed by all the other major clubs that the player was past it. No-one of significance was prepared to touch him, and it was not as though Owen was a young player or inexperienced in the Premiership, whose ability was difficult to assess.

I can only think that Fergie couldn't resist the temptation to be proved right when everyone else had been wrong. Pride, in other words. That's why I find Owen's signing particularly embarrassing.

I'd prefer to see his appearance at SJP greeted with silence, with no acknowledgement. That would probably say more than anything else. He didnt get 2 serious injuries on purpose, that was unlucky... the money he got I also wouldnt blame him for really, the contract was offered to him. It was his performances in the last 6 months which angered me the most (and a few comments he made when joining Man U), the situation was a mess but he could have shown more enthsusiasm as an experienced player. On the flip side he was brilliant under Keegan playing deeper, and some of the games like Sunderland at home, and Spurs 4-1 away are great memories which he was very much part of.

I doubt he'll get an appearance at St James' as he is well down the pecking order, but if he does then I will boo the f**k out of him.  I remember how excited I was when my mate texted to tell me we had signed him - not on loan, but permanently.  Then I remember the photo call where he didn't seem to have much interest in the club.  Then there was the crushing disappointment when you realised that the scores of Liverpool fans were right and he was a mercenary twat.

Over the years we've bought some right s**te, but he is the only one that I can say I absolutely and utterly detest.  I am glad his career has gone down the pan and I hope he is rightly remembered as an injury prone, mercenary b***ard!

Over the years we've bought some right s**te, but he is the only one that I can say I absolutely and utterly detest.  I am glad his career has gone down the pan and I hope he is rightly remembered as an injury prone, mercenary b***ard!

Same here. I can't believe we went down to villa park in '09 with a £100k a week player sitting on the bench, because he wasn't right. Fucking wanker that sums up everything that was wrong with that team.

Did anyone enjoy the fact that SAF changed 10 players from a side that Owen was on the bench for..and he was still on the bench?

Perhaps he didn't want to spoil Houllier's enthusiasm for taking the player off his hands by actually showing him how he was playing now.

Did anyone enjoy the fact that SAF changed 10 players from a side that Owen was on the bench for..and he was still on the bench?

Perhaps he didn't want to spoil Houllier's enthusiasm for taking the player off his hands by actually showing him how he was playing now.

tbf he wasn't really likely to play him in midfield or at the back, one player got chosen instead of him, not ten.

Same here. I can't believe we went down to villa park in '09 with a £100k a week player sitting on the bench, because he wasn't right. Fucking wanker that sums up everything that was wrong with that team.

It's not Michael Owen's fault he's always injured... certainly no reason to detest him.

Detest the club for making such a bad signing.

Guest neesy111

It's not Michael Owen's fault he's always injured... certainly no reason to detest him.

Is that why he played injured for England in the World Cup (as said by Freddy Shepherd), he has no sympathy at all for me for whatever happens to the little cunt.

Guest Chubby Jason

Same here. I can't believe we went down to villa park in '09 with a £100k a week player sitting on the bench, because he wasn't right. f***ing w***** that sums up everything that was wrong with that team.

Is that why he played injured for England in the World Cup (as said by Freddy Shepherd), he has no sympathy at all for me for whatever happens to the little c***.

To be honest I'd play with one leg hanging off if it meant I could play in the World Cup so I don't blame him for that.

Guest neesy111

Same here. I can't believe we went down to villa park in '09 with a £100k a week player sitting on the bench, because he wasn't right. f***ing w***** that sums up everything that was wrong with that team.

Is that why he played injured for England in the World Cup (as said by Freddy Shepherd), he has no sympathy at all for me for whatever happens to the little c***.

To be honest I'd play with one leg hanging off if it meant I could play in the World Cup so I don't blame him for that.

Not when we pay his wages.

• 7 months later...