Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest johnson293

Saw this on the BBC Gossip page...

Striker Michael Owen has blamed the Wembley pitch for wrecking his debut season with Manchester United. Owen returns to Wembley with United on Sunday for the Community Shield against Chelsea, his first competitive game since injuring his hamstring on the ground in the Carling Cup final win over Aston Villa.

So, nowt to do with your dodgy legs then Mikey??!!

Guest neesy111

Striker Michael Owen has blamed the Wembley pitch for wrecking his debut season with Manchester United. Owen returns to Wembley with United on Sunday for the Community Shield against Chelsea, his first competitive game since injuring his hamstring on the ground in the Carling Cup final win over Aston Villa.

it's everyone else's fault, apart from his own!

the guy is a Grade A CUNT

the guy is a Grade A c***

How about you try reading the article.  He never even said that.

Guest johnson293

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Michael-Owen-Wembley-pitch-wrecked-my-Manchester-United-debut-season-article545615.html

"I wasn't the only injury to come out of that game," said Owen. "There were quite a lot of other injured players. That's the worrying bit. It wasn't just me. If that was the case, you could say it was just a freak accident.

"But the Wembley pitch must have had something to do with it because there were loads of injuries that either came out of that game or the one a few days later with England.

"I was at Wembley about a week ago and they were installing this new thing which means 10 per cent of the turf is now synthetic. So hopefully that will make it better.

Whiel he doesn't say the pitch 'wrecked his debut season' he does seem to blame it for the injury he got, unless those are mis-quotes?.

Guest Chubby Jason

This is the last year of his Man United contract and I can't see them giving him another one. It will be interesting to see where he goes next season or if he'll pack it in and see to his horses full-time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is the last year of his Man United contract and I can't see them giving him another one. It will be interesting to see where he goes next season or if he'll pack it in and see to his horses full-time.

Said he wants to take up management!  :kinnear:

Guest neesy111

I wasn't just relating to that article, I'm saying he overall at NUFC blamed everyone else, also he actually made other people do his duties as captain i.e. Steven Taylor was made to do all interview's for the chronicle on his behalf

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I hope he gets boo'd so hard at St James' that the intense wave of air causes his knees to crumble and he shits himself.

:lol: :clap2:

Fergie doesn't actually get enough stick for buying Owen... I suppose his wage budget isn't as tight as some people's.

Free transfer, scored a few goals for them, probably on a pay as you play. Not the worst transfer Fergies made by a long shot.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Imagine if he broke his foot or something at st james.

Would it be too crass of us to cheer? :lol:

Probably, and you can only imagine the way the media would treat us if we did.

Fergie doesn't actually get enough stick for buying Owen... I suppose his wage budget isn't as tight as some people's.

Free transfer, scored a few goals for them, probably on a pay as you play. Not the worst transfer Fergies made by a long shot.

Hasn't been stellar, but he scored when it mattered... sadly.

Imagine if he broke his foot or something at st james.

Would it be too crass of us to cheer? :lol:

We'd give a standing ovation as he's dragged off and the media would probably think we were wishing him well.