Did Wolves concede the game to Man Utd

cp40

Its shocking, teams have got something at Old Trafford on many occasions and it shows a complete lack of respect to the fans.

And when did professional footballers stop being able to play 2 games in 5 days?

Agree, i was arguing that they were playing again Saturday, wasn't even Wednesday to Saturday but my mate corrected me and said it was Tuesday to Sunday!

They could have picked up a valuable point!

Its shocking, teams have got something at Old Trafford on many occasions and it shows a complete lack of respect to the fans.

And when did professional footballers stop being able to play 2 games in 5 days?

Agree, i was arguing that they were playing again Saturday, wasn't even Wednesday to Saturday but my mate corrected me and said it was Tuesday to Sunday!

They could have picked up a valuable point!

They don't play til Sunday?!? thats ridicularse

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has been asked to explain why he made 10 changes to his side for the trip to Manchester United

McCarthy left out every outfield player on duty for the shock success over Tottenham on Saturday for the Premier League encounter at Old Trafford on Tuesday night and then watched his team lose 3-0.

Wolves fans vented their frustration during the game, although McCarthy defended his stance, claiming he was looking to avoid injuries after two fixtures in quick succession.

However, the Premier League has now got involved and wants to know McCarthy's version of events.

A statement issued by the Premier League read: "The Premier League Board have written to Wolverhampton Wanderers to request their observations in relation to the team fielded in their League fixture against Manchester United.

"Once the observations are received the Board will decide whether any further action is warranted."

chelseas last game of the season is home to wigan (this shouldn't transgress the no fixture rule) so imagine if wigam were in the cup final the weekend after and chelsea are 1 point ahead of man utd.....................i wonder what Mr Ferguson the hypocrite would have to say, and make sure about it he would, if someone pulled the same stunt and it affected his team adversly.

The idea of the rule is to make sure matches are still competitive surely. So teams dont do exactly this & just give up and make it a crap game. If the top teams do it they can still put out a side that can win the game, so makes sense that theyd care less about those situations.

Guest Heneage

Where in the rules does it say you must maintain the same XI from game to game?

SSN quoted the rule before, not the same 11 but "the best 11." How they can legislate that I don't know.

But he could argue that for the tactics he wanted to implement those were the best 11. I can't even believe the debate is being had, if they pick up points during the festive period he'll be seens as a genius.

Where in the rules does it say you must maintain the same XI from game to game?

SSN quoted the rule before, not the same 11 but "the best 11." How they can legislate that I don't know.

But he could argue that for the tactics he wanted to implement those were the best 11. I can't even believe the debate is being had, if they pick up points during the festive period he'll be seens as a genius.

2 points fine IMO

If other struggling teams decided it wasn't worth risking players against the better teams then the fixtures become meaningless. Might as well split the league up into a top tier, middle tier and bottom tier and keep the games competitive. At least that way 3000 fans won't get conned into shelling out money to watch a reserve team.

Guest Roger Kint

Would any Man Utd team that doesnt contain PFAPOTY & BBCSPOTY winner Ryan Giggs then be not the 'best 11' and worthy of FA action too? :shifty:

I am going to stick a few quid on Burnley beating Wolves at the weekend. McCarthy's white flag at Man U has brought their winning run to a halt, their fans will be livid at travelling to Manchester to watch a reserve team...everything points to a defeat for thick Mick in this one.

What a fucking tactical mastermind he will look then  :crazy2:

Throwing games is pathetic regardless of if its the cup or the league. The top teams get away with fielding reserve sides, because their reserve sides can still beat the other teams. The reserves for teams like Wolves can't, and that's why it's different to for instance Man Utd vs. Hull last season.