Man City sack Mark Hughes; Roberto Mancini is the replacement

Thespence

Guest Geordiecunny

Hughes came back out on the pitch and waved to each side of the ground. He's gone.

Could just be because they've just won a classic game? As I was saying I don't think he'd stay for the game if he knew he was off. If you got told you'd been sacked at the start of your shift, you wouldn't finish it- you'd tell your boss to go fuck himself if he asked. At most he's heard theres a press conference and assumes the worst.

He should have been replaced in the summer.

Bingo. Was always out of his depth.

For me, it's pretty funny how they sacked the ideal chequebook manager (Sven) and then replaced him with someone more suited to the pre-takeover City (stricter budgets) and gave him loads to spend. Having said that though, he never had full control of transfers anyway, did he? The owners gave him £50m and sent him to play in the sand with all the other simpletons whilst they went off chasing Villa, Gerrard, Terry, Torres, Kaka etc from all the big boys.

Hughes came back out on the pitch and waved to each side of the ground. He's gone.

Could just be because they've just won a classic game? As I was saying I don't think he'd stay for the game if he knew he was off. If you got told you'd been sacked at the start of your shift, you wouldn't finish it- you'd tell your boss to go f*** himself. At most he's heard theres a press conference and assumes the worst.

Wasn't Southgate told before the game he would be sacked after it and managed the team despite this?

Could just be because they've just won a classic game? As I was saying I don't think he'd stay for the game if he knew he was off. If you got told you'd been sacked at the start of your shift, you wouldn't finish it- you'd tell your boss to go f*** himself. At most he's heard theres a press conference and assumes the worst.

Wasn't Southgate told before the game he would be sacked after it and managed the team despite this?

I dunno if he was told or not, but they certainly did say afterwards that they were going to sack him regardless of the game's outcome.

Guest Geordiecunny

Difference was I really wouldn't be surprised if Southgate never managed again. Hughes isn't quite that desperate.

Could just be because they've just won a classic game? As I was saying I don't think he'd stay for the game if he knew he was off. If you got told you'd been sacked at the start of your shift, you wouldn't finish it- you'd tell your boss to go f*** himself if he asked. At most he's heard theres a press conference and assumes the worst.

Aye but he still is going to be paid, and he still has a binding contract in place til they officially end it. If he'd told them where to go, he'd have kissed goodbye to any compensation and they'd hoy him to a tribunal for 'breaking the terms of his contract'

He should have been replaced in the summer. Their players never look arsed when they lose. Get him in here btw. :shifty:

Because they're all overpaid mercenary wankers who went there for the money.

That is true, but Hughes is still way out of his depth, they need someone who'll command more respect ie. someone who's respected already in the game. A rookie when dealing with "big players" was always going to fail there.

He should have been replaced in the summer. Their players never look arsed when they lose. Get him in here btw. :shifty:

Because they're all overpaid mercenary wankers who went there for the money.

That is true, but Hughes is still way out of his depth, they need someone who'll command more respect ie. someone who's respected already in the game. A rookie when dealing with "big players" was always going to fail there.

Jose "the special one" Mourinho would certainly be the perfect answer for their problem.

Guest Geordiecunny

Could just be because they've just won a classic game? As I was saying I don't think he'd stay for the game if he knew he was off. If you got told you'd been sacked at the start of your shift, you wouldn't finish it- you'd tell your boss to go f*** himself if he asked. At most he's heard theres a press conference and assumes the worst.

Aye but he still is going to be paid, and he still has a binding contract in place til they officially end it. If he'd told them where to go, he'd have kissed goodbye to any compensation and they'd hoy him to a tribunal for 'breaking the terms of his contract'

Surely sacking him ends the contract? Unless they told him on the day or something, I'd be surprised if that was part of the contract. And if they did tell him on the day, why not just tell him after and not risk totally taking the wind out of his build-up?

Hughes is another in the long line of Prem managers who have built a reputation on very little substance. His side at Blackburn was solid and reasonably effective in a dull sort of way but really he's just another thick former footballer in a suit.

From Soccernet...bye Hughes...good riddance of bad rubbish  :snod:

Former Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini is set to take over from Mark Hughes as Manchester City manager, with an announcement expected at 1930 GMT confirming Hughes' departure.

City's chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and owner, Sheikh Mansour, had grown disillusioned with City's poor form, having watched Hughes' side win just twice in eleven league games.

Hughes oversaw City's 4-3 victory over Sunderland on Saturday but he is thought to have known about his sacking before the game, and appeared emotional at the end of the match, apparently waving goodbye to the home supporters.

Guest Geordiecunny

I do think he's probably gone like. Don't personally think Mancini will last long, assuming it is him; he might attract the 'bigger' players more though.