Man City sack Mark Hughes; Roberto Mancini is the replacement

Thespence

Guest Geordiecunny

Soccer Saturday lads sticking up for Hughes a lot.

It'd be refreshing if a TV pundit called a spade a spade.

They should get Ron Atkinson on there.

aaah...Ron Atkinson...a man not afraid to speak his mind. Unfortunately, he has the mind of a cab driver.

Soccer Saturday lads sticking up for Hughes a lot.

They always goes on like it's the end of the world if a manager is sacked, unless it's a foreigner like Benitez who should be sacked every week.

No surprise about Hughes he had a shocker last season and probably should have gone a few times and has carried on being average this season. They've given him enough time and more money than everybody else put together.

I can't believe the Man City fans want him out. I mean their not far off 4th place, they are very much in the run in for it, haven't lost for a little while, so be it a few games have been draws, but they arn't doing too badly.

It will be a mistake to let him go at them moment in my opinion, they will just be putting themselves in the position we found ourselves in when we sacked managers early on into the season.

Hughes is a good manager for a club with a tight budget, has a good eye for a bargain and his sides are usually competitive and strong in defence, however at man city he has more cash than he knows what to do with, some would say any manager should be able to deal with that senario but I disagree its actually a more difficult scenario than having an unlimited pot of funds with the funds comes a lot more pressure than hes ever had to deal with, where draws are considered bad things where at blackburn draws were okay hes also had to deal with bigger egos than hes ever had to before.

I think man city if it does turn out they sacked hughes before the game have behaved pretty disgracefully, theres a right way to do these things this ain't it.

if hes getting sacked for mancini its a bit off to have him sitting in the stand watching over. my guess is that hes there to 'help' Hughes and no doubt Hughes will quit.

Guest Ebolarama

Hughes is a goner, and it's madness.

Would have him managing us any day.

Yes, but we're not as good as City :lol:

No, course we're not. We're not even as good as his Blackburn. Doesn't change the fact I'd still welcome him to us, if he deemed us acceptable enough to manage :)

Guest Ebolarama

Rumours mourinho has resigned on local radio here. Pisstake no doubt

No chance. It'll be Mancini, I should think. Mourinho til the end of the season at Inter, then he'll go.

Rumours mourinho has resigned on local radio here. Pisstake no doubt

No chance. It'll be Mancini, I should think. Mourinho til the end of the season at Inter, then he'll go.

If Mancini was at Eastlands today & Jose ended up the getting the job Roberto would be more gutted than Hughesie.

If it's true that Hughes knew this in advance, he showed great professionalism in taking charge for today's game.

As for Mourinho, I always thought Liverpool would be his next job in English football, but I don't think he, or any world-class manager would touch them with a barge pole at the minute.