Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Anyone just catch that unbelievably biased Sky Sports news report on this match?

Fucking hell  ;D

Talked about boro like they were Brazil

Mark Bright and his chum on the BBC weren't exactly neutral either, Brighty was Boro's refereeing complaint cheerleader most of the match.

And hilarious when he said he didn't understand why Pogatetz had to go over to the ref when he was told, to get his booking.

It's called respect Mark, taking responsibility for you actions, not being a complete dick... that sort of thing.

I'm so glad we don't do a version of that "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" song.  Do people not feel fucking stupid singing that when they're being cock-slapped by second-tier no marks in front of empty stadiums every week?

Greatest team ever seen by the world, not Real Madrid 1960, not Man U in 1999, not Liverpool in the mid-80s or the Arsenal invincibles of 2004, no, Midlesborough 2009 featuring David Weater and Julio Arca.  By a clear margin at that.

;D

Duh Duh Duh Duh f*** OFF BOOORRROO was my fave  :aww:

was brilliant when the whole of the leazes, not just level 7,  was joining in after the 2nd goal. personally i'm a big fan of "you're not very good".

as far as the match goes, colo was brilliant, jose was his usual good self. brilliant ball by guthrie for the 2nd goal.

and finally, half my posts on here have been slagging off Nicky Butt, but i thought he had a pretty good game today when he came on.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What's to argue about for fucks sake?  :idiot2:

It was bigger than theirs - bigger than they've probably had for about 50 years in fact, we weren't giving away tickets and we weren't giving them way cheaply, we weren't promoted. We aren't glory hunters, we aren't deluded and we haven't gone missing when the team have turned a bit shite and got relegated. We got the extra few thousand top of our 42k average and it was good crack so why so sad?

We have better fans than them but they have a better regime, a miles better team and loads more money, and cheaper tickets.

Why are they still bitter about us? ]

Fuck knows what they will do if we actually sell out a game.  :weep:

;D

was brilliant when the whole of the leazes, not just level 7,  was joining in after the 2nd goal. personally i'm a big fan of "you're not very good".

as far as the match goes, colo was brilliant, jose was his usual good self. brilliant ball by guthrie for the 2nd goal.

and finally, half my posts on here have been slagging off Nicky Butt, but i thought he had a pretty good game today when he came on.

You know why that is.  :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

Gary Glitter's red and white army was better.

I didn't hear that one!  ;D

;D

Gary Glitter's red and white army was better.

I didn't hear that one!  ;D

It was started by a couple of lads in front of me (one of them is the spitting double fo Steven Taylor, just much fatter). They're really good for coming up with mildly witty songs. Problem is if it isn't Geordie Boot Boys a lot of our fans simply don't want to know.

Anyone just catch that unbelievably biased Sky Sports news report on this match?

f***ing hell  ;D

Talked about boro like they were Brazil

Mark Bright and his chum on the BBC weren't exactly neutral either, Brighty was Boro's refereeing complaint cheerleader most of the match.

And hilarious when he said he didn't understand why Pogatetz had to go over to the ref when he was told, to get his booking.

It's called respect Mark, taking responsibility for you actions, not being a complete dick... that sort of thing.

Aye he's a proper dick. He annoyingly talks like i've stuck the sky plus on fast forward. He kicked off about Jose getting man of the match over Collicini. Fair do's he was in with a shout but the way he kicked off was as if El Toro had been shite all game and that respect stuff epitomises whats wrong with the menatlity in football sometimes.

Was not a good game but a win is a win, Colo was brilliant yesterday though, Harewood is scoring but fkn hell one lazy c***.

10 points clear at the top no fker can argue with that.

:rolleyes:

of fuck off man... runs about Xisco style blah blah blah

He would score more if he put in more effort.

Was not a good game but a win is a win, Colo was brilliant yesterday though, Harewood is scoring but fkn hell one lazy c***.

of f*** off man... runs about Xisco style blah blah blah

Complete rubbish.

of f*** off man... runs about Xisco style blah blah blah

Complete rubbish.

yawn ,you bore me

of fuck off man... runs about Xisco style blah blah blah

He would score more if he was a better player.

I agree.

Harewood gets a stupid amount of stick. Our kid was laying into him yesterday and when I quizzed him further he didn't really have a particular reason apart from "He's shit". It's a bit like me and my natural aversion to Jonas.

After his initial petulant performance against Bristol I think he's been pretty good. He keeps getting called lazy but he always seems to be willing to chase down the goalkeeper and it's lead to a goal on one or two occasions. There have been one or two occasions when he's failed to chase down what seem to be winable balls but to be fair to any of our strikers if they chased every hoofed pass they'd be blowing out of their arse after 30 minutes. His workrate was miles above that of Ameobi's yesterday, who I thought phoned it in a little bit until the second half when he suddenly came to life.

I'd like to keep him until the season is done and dusted because he's more of a threat than the glass thug and Dutty Custard in front of goal.

Think Harewood was alright yesterday tbf. I'm not his greatest fan, but he wasn't that shit. Seen a lot worse from Butt as well, and that overhead kick man. :lol:

Well done to Colo, Enrique & Guthrie yesterday.  :thup:

Harewood gets a stupid amount of stick. Our kid was laying into him yesterday and when I quizzed him further he didn't really have a particular reason apart from "He's shit". It's a bit like me and my natural aversion to Jonas.

After his initial petulant performance against Bristol I think he's been pretty good. He keeps getting called lazy but he always seems to be willing to chase down the goalkeeper and it's lead to a goal on one or two occasions. There have been one or two occasions when he's failed to chase down what seem to be winable balls but to be fair to any of our strikers if they chased every hoofed pass they'd be blowing out of their arse after 30 minutes. His workrate was miles above that of Ameobi's yesterday, who I thought phoned it in a little bit until the second half when he suddenly came to life.

I'd like to keep him until the season is done and dusted because he's more of a threat than the glass thug and Dutty Custard in front of goal.

Its not that I think he is shit far from it but I do think at times he shows little effort and would/could be a much better player if he gave a bit more. At times yesterday he did not bother closing down or challenging for the ball, he is getting better and the fans have shown him that they have teken to him a bit more but that does not mean that he can now relax and not put himself about on the pitch.