Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

Time for Simpson to step it up a gear now. We've got a solid right-winger, he's got a solid contract. Continuity will come with both of those things and Simpson can relish from having some protection for a change; and we won't be so lop-sided anymore.

He seems like the motivated type so i can see him having a really decent second half to the season.

Time for Simpson to step it up a gear now. We've got a solid right-winger, he's got a solid contract. Continuity will come with both of those things and Simpson can relish from having some protection for a change; and we won't be so lop-sided anymore.

He seems like the motivated type so i can see him having a really decent second half to the season.

He wants to get his arse out of bed watching DVDs and off Twitter and do some training by the looks of things

Guest MrSundlofer

I think the boy is really settled now. Searched him on facebook and found this:

HIS PAGES

STEVE HARPER FOR ENGLANDS NO1..

Show Racism the Red Card

Jermaine Beckford for Newcastle!!!

Newcastle United have the best fans in the country - no questions.

Nile Ranger... an absolute legend

• 1 month later...

Didn't know where to post this so decided to put this thread up again. Nice interview with Simpson. The Playstation and shooter game part made me laugh.  :lol:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/03/13/similarities-between-newcastle-and-manchester-united/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nufcblog+%28The+Newcastle+United+Blog%29

Danny Simpson has come into a side with a tremendous team spirit, not unlike that which has existed for many years at his former club, Manchester United.

Danny Simpson – similarities between the two Uniteds

Danny has played at many clubs on loan over the last few seasons, including Royal Antwerp, Sunderland, Ipswich Town, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle, but he seems very pleased he is no longer a player continually out on loan.

Danny said today:

“It feels like something has come off my shoulders and I have come away from that tag,”

“People would say, ‘Do you want to go back (to Manchester United) or not?’ and it does play on your mind. I have settled here, it is permanent. I have moved up here and that makes a difference.”

“People thought I was just saying it but the first few weeks I felt settled, comfortable, and the lads made me settle in. It is a good town.”

Last season the team spirit at Newcastle was probably the worst it’s been for many a long season, and that was just one of the things that was very wrong with the Tyneside club.

But one thing Chris Hughton has done this season, with the help of the senior players left on Tyneside, is to get the group together, and the team spirit this season has gone form a weakness to a definite strength.

Danny talked about that poor team spirit of  last season on Tyneside:

“That is something I heard,”  “Some lads would come in, train, not speak to each other and go home after training. This season it is the opposite. We get on well and spend time with each other.”

“That family atmosphere (at Man United) comes from Sir Alex (Ferguson) and he wants everyone to get on with each other off the pitch,” “You have to speak to each other outside training.”

The Newcastle players regularly go out with each other, and have gone to restaurants. played 10-pin bowling, and played computer games together.

It seems the transformation of the team spirit on Tyneside started with that trip to Ireland in July, and Chris is said to be considering going back there this summer.

Danny continued:

“When you are winning the confidence is there and you just want to play,”

“Off the pitch we have done team bonding things like we have gone for meals, which I don’t think they did last season.”

“We have gone bowling, and I know it is a silly thing but we are all online on a PlayStation.”

“We have our headsets and are on speakerphone. We have eight to ten lads to link up from our homes in our spare time.”

“We all come together and shoot each other! You come to training and have a laugh about it saying, ‘I killed you more!’”

“It makes training a laugh and breaks down barriers. If anyone needs pulling into line in training or a match we can say it to each other because we know each other well.”

“I was having a game against Fraizer Campbell (his former Manchester United team-mate, now at Sunderland) last night.”

“As footballers we can’t go out all the time so it is a good way of being at home, bonding and having a laugh.”

The Magpies have a four game winning streak going right now, and the only thing the Newcastle fans want to see is that streak extended.

The longer we can keep this winning streak going, the better chance the club will have of getting promotion this season, which is really the only thing that matters right now.

Danny continued:

“Everyone is full of confidence after the 6-1 against Barnsley and what is it? Four (wins) on the bounce now?” “We had a rocky patch a few weeks ago but we have to keep winning.”

“The staff drum it in to us not to be complacent every day. We have loads of games left and we know with three games in a week if you don’t perform and others do, your lead could be gone. It has been such a long season that we just want to get the job done.”

“It is not so much fear of failing that drives us so much as we have put loads of hard work in and come so far. After everything that has gone on we are determined not to mess up.”

“We have a lot of lads who played for years in the Premier League. You want to get back to playing at Old Trafford and places like that.”

“We also have young lads who have not had that and want to prove themselves.”

It seems obvious the staff at the club are drumming into the players not to get complacent, and it’s working because the lads seem to come out of the gates like a steam train in most of their games this season.

They are certainly underestimating nobody.

Let’s hope that continues this afternoon

nice article tbf, and its true you dont see owt about any arguments in the squad, though maybe that is cos we are winning? and not under the scrutiny of a premiership team? Either way, lets enjoy this moment of relative calm!

He looks very nervous, even in this division.

raped again for their 2nd

Not raped but it was criminal to allow Maynard to turn and take a run at him when he had no support, he should have been breathing down his neck and putting pressure on.

He looks very nervous, even in this division.

raped again for their 2nd

Not raped but it was criminal to allow Maynard to turn and take a run at him when he had no support, he should have been breathing down his neck and putting pressure on.

rape is also criminal, so he got raped.

For me Danny Simpson is a naturally backup player... he lacks the skill to be considered a first team player for a top premiership side...

I didn't realise we were a top Premiership side.

He really needs to stop letting players come inside onto their stronger foot.  Twice he's done it in the last month or so and it's led to a goal.

For me Danny Simpson is a naturally backup player... he lacks the skill to be considered a first team player for a top premiership side...

He really needs to stop letting players come inside onto their stronger foot.  Twice he's done it in the last month or so and it's led to a goal.

Yep, that's exactly what i said. It was obvious he was going to shoot onto his right.

Guest JamesyJazz

Yep, that's exactly what i said. It was obvious he was going to shoot onto his right.

Heard that he's playing on despite carrying a hip injury for a while.

Should not be first choice next year. Decent at this level but he'll struggle next year. Can't afford to give that much time and space for wingers to run at him, check inside and get a shot off without him getting within 3 yards of him. Completely his fault for the goal.

Should not be first choice next year. Decent at this level but he'll struggle next year. Can't afford to give that much time and space for wingers to run at him, check inside and get a shot off without him getting within 3 yards of him. Completely his fault for the goal.

^What he said.

• 2 months later...