Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

Guest hatem garrincha

Danny, like his partners in defense, was good today.

He suffered against Jarvis in the second half but played Ok overall.

At the higher end of his performance level today. Still offers nothing going forward and was given a tough time by Jarvis (and Joe Cole to a lesser extent). Looking forward to having Debuchy back next week.

Done well today. Good squad member to have, but I don't think he sees himself as a back-up. Don't know if it's just me but his attitude and effort seems to have improved since not being guaranteed a start.

Defensively seems a better option than Debuchy ATM, not sure what I'd do next week, one thing is for sure we need some pace at LB to keep Remy and Townsend quiet, their main threats.

There's some incredibly silly things been said about him whilst he's been here. Of course it's true that when he has a ball at his feet, he's atrocious but there's so many posts on here about him being an appalling defender which is quite blatantly not true. Some defenders are better at tracking, tackling, interceptions, that's all true but Simpson's strength (apart from kicking off the line) is standing where he's supposed to.

His positioning is consistently good and furthermore, sometimes his weakness with the ball is his strength - how many times have we seen Santon try and bring the ball down in his own box and cost us a goal? Simpson knows he's simply not capable so when in doubt, will always put it out for a corner.

Our problem against Liverpool was a horrendous defensive line and because of that, I had absolutely no question that Simpson would make us more solid (although obviously moreso Coloccini).

Well done Danny lad. He might be limited but I was quite relieved to see him starting today tbh. Whatever else he might lack you know he'll not be found short on courage.

Guest bimpy474

http://i.imgur.com/pY7vtMb.png

Hate people who use ellipsis' when they're not needed.

Why does this bother you so....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest palnese

Always gave his all for the shirt, and for that he gets my respect.

Decent enough defender, but as a footballer he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Good luck.

Guest bimpy474

It's a shame he's going really.  I wouldn't mind so much if we had a talented young right back coming through but we don't really seem to.

That Swiss lad is meant to be ok for RB, quite highly rated too. Not anywhere near ready yet though.

It's a shame he's going really.  I wouldn't mind so much if we had a talented young right back coming through but we don't really seem to.

That Swiss lad is meant to be ok for RB, quite highly rated too. Not anywhere near ready yet though.

Thought Mbabu was a centre back. Think Webe got enough cover there. Santon, Anita, Perch, Mbiwa, Tarvenier.

Always gave his all for the shirt

He's one of the most spineless players I've ever seen for us. Always hiding and blaming others.

Hope he signs for another PL club so we can see Atam running at him.