Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Up trying to score the winner, as instructed/wanted to do. To blame Taylor for that third goal is ludicrous.

He was playing left back and as usual he was nowhere to be seen when required to defend, he's hopeless.

So you would have happily settled for a point?

Coloccini could have dealt with that, except he simpered over towards Long and was burnt for pace. It wasn't Taylor's fault. Your golden boy Simpson was f***ing garbage tonight, as usual.

My golden boy :lol:  grow up man.

Coloccini could have dealt with that, except he simpered over towards Long and was burnt for pace. It wasn't Taylor's fault. Your golden boy Simpson was f***ing garbage tonight, as usual.

My golden boy :lol:  grow up man.

You're always in this thread panning Ryan Taylor in a completely exaggerated manner and defending Simpson, despite his painfully shit performances. If only the man himself could defend with the same vigour and consistency that you're doing for him on here.

Simpson is the least of our problems at the moment.

That makes me feel like crying

He was crap today but he's hardly been consistently terrible. He'll need replacing eventually but we've got far bigger concerns at the moment.

My point exactly. Well, besides my opinion that he has been consistently poor to horrible.

You're always in this thread panning Ryan Taylor in a completely exaggerated manner and defending Simpson, despite his painfully s*** performances. If only the man himself could defend with the same vigour and consistency that you're doing for him on here.

I've never said that Simpson was any better than he is, I defend him when he gets undeserved stick. Ryan Taylor can't defend and if people can't see that then they are barking mad.

This post http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,66527.msg3401567.html#msg3401567 

was laughable mind and far more an over reaction that anything I've come out with to defend him with. 

Ryan Taylor will always be a better option than Simpson, simply for the fact he can put a decent ball into the box. Simpson offers absolutely nothing and is a key component in holding the team back at the moment. When we finally sign another fullback and have Santon on the opposite side we'll improve so much, both offensively and defensively.

Ryan Taylor was a defender today, where was he for the 3rd goal?  Remember he was playing left back at the time.

And what was Simpson doing for the third exactly? :lol: He made no attempt to even get to that cross.

Taylor has some semblance of ball control and an ability to pass it. For that reason alone he's a better option than Simpson.

Taylor can't defend, for that reason alone he's not.

Neither can Simpson.

And what was Simpson doing for the third exactly? :lol: He made no attempt to even get to that cross.

Simpson should have been the last defender at the back post as Perch should have moved over to challenge for the cross as he was the last centre back.

He is starting to look as fkd off with Obertan as the fans are, Danny would much prefer not to have to bomb past the winger infront of him but you can tell je knows Obertan is not going to provide anything.

Having a clueless player infront of you have to have an effect on your own game too.

Taylor has some semblance of ball control and an ability to pass it. For that reason alone he's a better option than Simpson.

Taylor can't defend, for that reason alone he's not.

Neither can Simpson.

In fairness he's pretty quick and gets into reasonably good positions, which makes up for some of his flaws. But FFS man I'm a better footballer than he is, and worst of all he seems to think he's made it and doesn't need to continue to improve his game.

You're always in this thread panning Ryan Taylor in a completely exaggerated manner and defending Simpson, despite his painfully s*** performances. If only the man himself could defend with the same vigour and consistency that you're doing for him on here.

I've never said that Simpson was any better than he is, I defend him when he gets undeserved stick. Ryan Taylor can't defend and if people can't see that then they are barking mad.

This post http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,66527.msg3401567.html#msg3401567 

was laughable mind and far more an over reaction that anything I've come out with to defend him with. 

How on earth is that post 'laughable'? Simpson is constantly self-promoting, and clearly thinks he's a brilliant footballer. It gives the impression that he thinks he's better than he is, and has an inflated opinion of his ability; which is certainly a reason why he's disliked by many people.

Tell you what is laughable though: the notion that Simpson is a better bet at RB than Ryan Taylor. They are both average-poor at defending, but Taylor can actually pass a ball and hit a set piece. Simpson offers absolutely zilch going forwards and yet is still always miles out of position.