Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

wtf, people are going way over the top with the slagging of this lad,

yeh we know he's completely shit after he crosses the halfway line but put that aside, speaking purely on defensive skills, he really isn't bad at all.

put it this way, defensively he is the most solid fullback (left and right) we got in the entire squad, i know that may be a shock to some, but it's a fact , not that it's saying much given how shit the rest of our fullbacks are.

Your views on Santon are hardly well balanced. So I'll take your less over the top views on someone who is vastly inferior imo with a pinch of salt. Theres no sugar coating it with simpson. 'Limited' is the nice way people are putting it these days I believe.

yeh we know he's completely s*** after he crosses the halfway line but put that aside, speaking purely on defensive skills, he really isn't bad at all.

put it this way, defensively he is the most solid fullback (left and right) we got in the entire squad, i know that may be a shock to some, but it's a fact , not that it's saying much given how s*** the rest of our fullbacks are.

Your views on Santon are hardly well balanced. So I'll take your less over the top views on someone who is vastly inferior imo with a pinch of salt. Theres no sugar coating it with simpson. 'Limited' is the nice way people are putting it these days I believe.

you obviously only like to pick and choose what you read.  When 'limited' is subjective. 

to say simpson is limited when it comes to playing around the opposition's box,yes. but is just as good as saying santon is limited at defending.

i have no problems with santon , just want the lad to be playing in his best position which is a winger.

yeh we know he's completely s*** after he crosses the halfway line but put that aside, speaking purely on defensive skills, he really isn't bad at all.

put it this way, defensively he is the most solid fullback (left and right) we got in the entire squad, i know that may be a shock to some, but it's a fact , not that it's saying much given how s*** the rest of our fullbacks are.

you obviously only like to pick and choose what you read.  When 'limited' is subjective. 

to say simpson is limited when it comes to playing around the opposition's box,yes. but is just as good as saying santon is limited at defending.

i have no problems with santon , just want the lad to be playing in his best position which is a winger.

Never accedited 'limited' to you btw. Having read some of your views on Santon as a defender in comparison your views of simpson (attacking aside) I still can't agree. He's as flawed as Santon arguably is.

Never accedited 'limited' to you btw. Having read some of your views on Santon as a defender in comparison your views of simpson (attacking aside) I still can't agree. He's as flawed as Santon arguably is.

so you don't even recognize that simpson is at least decent at defending?  then i have nothing else to say to you.

He's no centre back but I have more confidence in him than Simpson on the ball. The fact we have ended up splitting hairs about players who should arguably be filling backup positions is testament to how much of a travesty not going all out for defensive impovements in Jan. We have one truly competent defender fit in our squad and amognst dross a series of young lads who have talent but have massive levels of expectation and pressure thrust upon them when called upon.

Prefer Perch to Simpson. There is this myth that Simpson has a good attitude. He should try concentrating less on pumping his fists in the fans direction and more on actually being a footballer. He clearly thinks he is a much better footballer than he actually is and refuses to make learn from his mistakes and develop his game. Then he wonders why he gets criticised and gets all defensive about it, referring to those fans who criticise him as not being 'real fans'.

Well guess what Danny, it costs £100+ to make a trip to London to watch a match. If you will take a shit throw in and then lie down on the floor with cramp, which then leads to us losing the match in the 95th minute, then you are going to be criticised. I have no idea what people actually were writing to him as I don't use twitter and there was almost certainly some uncalled for personal abuse in there, but as a premier league footballer you should know what you are getting yourself in for. There are plenty of morons out there. It's no good crying just because of a few insults - that isn't how life works.

In summary - Simpson is my least favourite current NUFC player by a distance (overtaking Raylor)

Guest Tyson

Prefer Perch to Simpson. There is this myth that Simpson has a good attitude. He should try concentrating less on pumping his fists in the fans direction and more on actually being a footballer. He clearly thinks he is a much better footballer than he actually is and refuses to make learn from his mistakes and develop his game. Then he wonders why he gets criticised and gets all defensive about it, referring to those fans who criticise him as not being 'real fans'.

Well guess what Danny, it costs £100+ to make a trip to London to watch a match. If you will take a s*** throw in and then lie down on the floor with cramp, which then leads to us losing the match in the 95th minute, then you are going to be criticised. I have no idea what people actually were writing to him as I don't use twitter and there was almost certainly some uncalled for personal abuse in there, but as a premier league footballer you should know what you are getting yourself in for. There are plenty of morons out there. It's no good crying just because of a few insults - that isn't how life works.

In summary - Simpson is my least favourite current NUFC player by a distance (overtaking Raylor)

Inflated opinion of himself on namesake alone, having come through Man Utd's academy set-up.

He is so right Pardew that is  we CAN NOT be 6th with out him.... Most of you guys here try to post that deep inner to your thick brain. I said it last Tuesday and I say it now it is DISGRACFUL to treat the guy like that...

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

Twitter really can bring the arsehole out of people. It's brought footballers and celebrities closer to the public than ever before and frankly, many can't handle it. Sending abuse to your own players? Dear me. Criticism is one thing but abuse is just out of order.

Hopefully those responsible are ashamed.

Twitter really can bring the arsehole out of people. It's brought footballers and celebrities closer to the public than ever before and frankly, many can't handle it. Sending abuse to your own players? Dear me. Criticism is one thing but abuse is just out of order.

Hopefully those responsible are ashamed.

Well said.

Some of the comments on here have been equally as pathetic mind.