Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpson deserves the abuse for no other reason than he him abusing fellow professionals via the same medium earlier in the season.

What goes around comes around and his ego obviously couldn't cope with nothing more than he dished out himself.

You're kidding right?

Don't agree with abusing him, but certainly don't like his "Thanks to the true fans" comments that have come around everytime he gets criticised for poor performances.

Seriously, some of the Simpson hate on here is way over the top. Like any other player, he deserves praise for when he does well and criticism when he does bad. Unfortunately, Danny seems to have had more bad days than good this season. Yes, he's a limited player and he has made some silly and costly errors this season (and so some criticism does rightly come his way) but come on, over the top abuse isn't the way to get your point across.

Simpson abuses other pros =  Simpson deserves to be abused by own fans (who I assume want the team to do well...)  ???

Yeah, fans will always abuse players. That's the way it is.

Professionals should never criticise other players in a public forum. Maybe he'll think twice now before he opens his rent a quote mouth.

On another note, I'm not a fan of criticising players. However, we would never have finished 4th if the fans hadn't started to abuse Barton after the Troyes game.

Don't agree with abusing him, but certainly don't like his "Thanks to the true fans" comments that have come around everytime he gets criticised for poor performances.

Exactly, if he is going to come out with petulant comments like that then he shouldn't be allowed on there.

Simpson abuses other pros =  Simpson deserves to be abused by own fans (who I assume want the team to do well...)  ???

Yeah, fans will always abuse players. That's the way it is.

Professionals should never criticise other players in a public forum. Maybe he'll think twice now before he opens his rent a quote mouth.

On another note, I'm not a fan of criticising players. However, we would never have finished 4th if the fans hadn't started to abuse Barton after the Troyes game.

So its fine if OUR fans criticise OUR players because that's the way things are.  We're fine with that.

But one of OUR players criticising ANOTHER team's player (who we don't care about)...that's not right?

Don't get any of this logic, I would've thought all of our fans would want us to do well and wouldn't give a toss about other players.  Can't see how abusing the likes of Simpson is going help us on the pitch, especially when he plays every game.

What do you all think the negative implications of abusing Simpson are?

He's an ego maniac who thinks he's international class.

He's too busy developing apps and being a muppet on twitter to work on his game. I'd be delighted if the abuse took him down a peg or two.

What should those fans do? Massage his ego some more and tell him he should be playing for England? Some of them did it earlier in the season. It didn't work. He was still shit.

If you're a footballer who can't take criticism, don't use social media to talk about football, particularly your own performances.

Does anyone on here actually abuse him on Twitter? Probably not.

All football clubs have idiots, and players on Twitter have to realise that they are going to get abuse from aforementioned idiots. If he can't handle it, then that says a lot about him. Hopefully none of the abuse was racial, like. That's a totally different thing.

The crucial factor is that we have other positions which are far bigger priority, such as centrl midfield and right wing. If we can tie up the right back slot with two relatively young, solid players in Taylor and Simpson we can concentrate on more important areas first.

To an extent I agree with right wing, but centre mid? We've got Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie (if he signs a new deal), Abeid and Amalfitano.

Guest MrSundlofer

There was one moment in the game when a Norwich player was running with the ball on our right flank towards the penalty area. Simpson is backing backing backing backing... and is inside the penalty area, at the same time he's instructing and shouting at Ben Arfa to close him down and Ben Arfa is running from an attacking position as fast as he can to close him down. When the situation is over Ben Arfa goes to Simpson and wondering what he's doing. I can understand him.

He takes no responsibility whatsoever.