Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Geordiedog

I think Simpson has come on great attitude wise of late (ie this season). Not sure how pleased Simpson will be with team mate Cabaye, mind, for trying to get his marra to join the Toon, like, esp. as he's a right back. A France international right back, I might add!

When ever he has the ball in an attacking position (or where ever infact) I find myself begging for him to just give it to Hatem and not try to do something himself. You just know the cross is gonna hit the first defender.

Wish we'd just play Raylor ahead of him. Both are average-to-poor defensively, but one of them can actually offer something in the opposition's half. Within minutes of Raylor coming on, he whipped a superb ball into Cisse who was, unfortunately, just offside. Simpson couldn't dream of delivering a cross like that.

Wish we'd just play Raylor ahead of him. Both are average-to-poor defensively, but one of them can actually offer something in the opposition's half. Within minutes of Raylor coming on, he whipped a superb ball into Cisse who was, unfortunately, just offside. Simpson couldn't dream of delivering a cross like that.

Simpson is a much better defender than Ryan Taylor and should start for that reason.

Hate to bring negativity into what's been a great day but the lad just isn't good enough.  Defensively he's just about acceptable for a mid table side, going forward he offers nothing.  If we're going to progress I really think we either need to get a left back and move Santon over or buy another right back.

Nice lad and grateful for what he's done for the club in his time here but he's not good enough if we want to push on.

He's just an mid-table to lower-end PL footballer. He's fine in the short term and will do as a back-up, but he's not good enough for where we want to be going and all too often it shows on the pitch. He's been a good player for NUFC since we signed him. He's made some dumbass mistakes but has also made some blinding goal-line clearances and has given his all. So I don't dislike him, but by the same token he's not good enough. Ta and see you soon on the bench/at another club.

For some reason he always seems to be on his left foot when he gets into an attacking position, I can't understand it :lol:

Because his touch isn't good enough to put it onto his right.

From the right side, it's much easier to keep the ball in play if you're crossing on your left. Always got the possibility of slicing it and kicking it straight out on your right if you're a bit s*** technically

He was our worst and most wasteful player today. Thankfully Bolton weren't any good and we got away with it.

Before Mick et al jump on me for slating him, I thought he was coming into some decent form before today.

He was our worst and most wasteful player today. Thankfully Bolton weren't any good and we got away with it.

Before Mick et al jump on me for slating him, I thought he was coming into some decent form before today.

I thought he was poor at times today, his crosses are terible as he just keeps hitting them straight and the defenders read him like a book.

Guest neesy111

I'm not as concerned with him defensively, but we need a much better RB going forward would help HBA having someone he can use.

His crosses are so utterly predictable and his close ball control is hopeless.