Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Hope it's not serious.

The longer he's away from the first team the better.

:dowiespin:

The guy is abysmal- I don't understand how people cant see how uncomfortable he is on the ball, or in short inept as a footballer. That was great closing down for him for the cross to Villa's go! Yeah, right...

What alternative do we have, mate? Play a CM there for the rest of the season?

If Anita is capable of filling in at LB then switch Santon to RB and slot Vernan in on the opposite flank. Could be slightly disruptive but neither would be worse than Simpson. Yes, we should have covered ourselves in the window, but that's another can of worms.

The guy's wank but losing three right-backs in the space of four days is fucking comical. It's almost like a manufactured har-har because we didn't sign a right-back. What an absolute calamity that decision could prove to be.

The guy's w*** but losing three right-backs in the space of four days is f***ing comical. It's almost like a manufactured har-har because we didn't sign a right-back. What an absolute calamity that decision could prove to be.

And yet when we thought we lacked a striker last summer after signing only an "injury prone" one, we seemed relatively clean of injuries that year. :(

I have a big lack of confidence in Simmo but don't quite get the pure hatred of some. Yes he is our weak link

in our team. But he's not nearly as bad as some make out. He is not a top 6 defender I'll give you that. I hope he recovers soon as Tav doesn't seem ready to step in the league. Though I'm pretty sure Pards will go with Anita there with Bigi in rather than Tav?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120906/simmo-eyes-speedy-recovery_2281670_2912070

"It's a lot better than I first thought.

"I've never had a hamstring problem before. I just felt something bad and I knew straight away I would have to come off.

"But the scan results came back on Wednesday and it is hopefully three weeks, maybe four maximum. It depends on each person their body and how quickly they recover, but it's a lot better than what we first thought.

"Already I'm walking easier than I was on Sunday, so that's a good sign."

"Injuries are part and parcel of being a footballer, but I'm not used to it - I haven't had many injuries,"

"For a long time I haven't really had any issues in that area. It's just one of those things though.

"With there not being a game for two weeks, if there is a time to have a little niggle then it's probably now.

"I will just have to see how it is at the start of next week and take it from there, but hopefully I won't miss too many games."

• 4 weeks later...

Mind, once he and Coloccini return to full fitness - it'll be good to have a settled backline again. Clutching at straws - cos i don't want Simpson anywhere near the side - but continuity at the back is pretty vital.

Plus i'm fucking dying to see the end of that painful set piece to Williamson.

That's all assuming STaylor's injury is minor.

Guest bimpy474

Was abysmal.  Harper just as bad, Krul would have saved those goals easily.

Copy and paste this and wait for Sunday if it goes tits up :lol: