Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

A model pro wouldn't let himself be wound up enough to punch someone in a late night take-away knowing that he's a pro footballer and his actions would end up in the press or worse - he'd be made a target of by someone looking to get one over him ie: for example, the 2 bouncers who decided to pull him out of his getaway cab and knock him out.

The only information out there is that this kid got loaded up, wanted some food, left his mates at the club he was at, started a fight, ran off and got knocked out.

Aye model pro that.

A model pro wouldn't let himself be wound up enough to punch someone in a late night take-away knowing that he's a pro footballer and his actions would end up in the press or worse - he'd be made a target of by someone looking to get one over him ie: for example, the 2 bouncers who decided to pull him out of his getaway cab and knock him out.

The only information out there is that this kid got loaded up, wanted some food, left his mates at the club he was at, started a fight, ran off and got knocked out.

Aye model pro that.

It doesn't say that Simpson started the fight.

“They started scuffling. The man was pushing and shoving Danny and he just lost it. He punched him and he dropped to the ground."

Guest palnese

He still threw the first punch though - right?

What would you do if somebody started pushing you?  I know what I'd do and it wouldn't be wait for somebody else to get the first one in.

I know I'd walk away.

What would you do if somebody started pushing you?  I know what I'd do and it wouldn't be wait for somebody else to get the first one in.

Dude I don't know what I'd do in that situation - I'm just pointing out - he's a professional footballer with a target on his back. He should know better than to be getting himself wound up in these situations. He clearly doesn't - and there is no defending him. There's no defending the guy he hit who shoved him and the 2 that thumped him and left him unconscious.  There is no right here.

Danny is 26, has a child and a career - he has too much to lose to be putting himself about like that. That's all I'm trying to say.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oh Danny, making Manchester proud. I know that takeaway he was at. Not a rough area at all, it's close to where I work in fact.

It was you!

Oh Danny, making Manchester proud. I know that takeaway he was at. Not a rough area at all, it's close to where I work in fact.

It was you!

I was out and about on Saturday evening/Sunday morning to celebrate our win...

I'd probably push them back tbh, I wouldn't instantly try to knock them out :lol:

Depends though doesn't it. Would have to be there to say one way or the other imo.

I have to say if I was out and some bloke started pushing me I would probably punch him. If I created the situation them I'm the dick but if someone is just being aggressive towards me then he has asked for it.

I have to say if I was out and some bloke started pushing me I would probably punch him. If I created the situation them I'm the dick but if someone is just being aggressive towards me then he has asked for it.

That's very subjective though and everyone thinks they're in the right. We've all had a few drinks, etc., calm down, calm down.

Why is he a donkey? Because we have replaced him with a superior player? The treatment of this guy by supporters of his own club is frankly an embarrassment and shameful.

Incidents like this are why I am against alcoholism and do not partake of alcohol other than a few sips for public appearance. Even still, I have been in a fair share of physical battles. Luckily, I have been competent and/or sober enough to avoid being knocked from my conscious. Given what I read in the "chat" section of this very message board, most of you are hardly in a position to be judgmental regarding this sort of thing. I am happy the boy is alright.

Why is he a donkey? Because we have replaced him with a superior player? The treatment of this guy by supporters of his own club is frankly an embarrassment and shameful.

Incidents like this are why I am against alcoholism and do not partake of alcohol other than a few sips for public appearance. Even still, I have been in a fair share of physical battles. Luckily, I have been competent and/or sober enough to avoid being knocked from my conscious. Given what I read in the "chat" section of this very message board, most of you are hardly in a position to be judgmental regarding this sort of thing. I am happy the boy is alright.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3f1ftW89d1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Alreet, calm down Rocky...