Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

he's a decent enough player, but not half as good as he likes to think he is.

typical 'young' english footballer syndrome really, too much money and not enough common sense.

can kinda see why we're scouting overseas and bringing in players who's religion doesn't permit them to drink alcohol, cuts down on headlines like these

Really don't understand why people have found this so funny / are glad one of our players got hurt. Fully agree he's not a great fullback but he has always been a good pro, and genuinely seems to love the club. He got goaded while drunk and swung for someone, the majority of us would do that in the same situation, I know I probably would. But it's ok to laugh at Danny Simpson because he's not one of our better players. The reaction would be completely different if it was Santon who was in this situation.

Pathetic reaction by our fans.

Really don't understand why people have found this so funny / are glad one of our players got hurt. Fully agree he's not a great fullback but he has always been a good pro, and genuinely seems to love the club. He got goaded while drunk and swung for someone, the majority of us would do that in the same situation, I know I probably would. But it's ok to laugh at Danny Simpson because he's not one of our better players. The reaction would be completely different if it was Santon who was in this situation.

Generally I agree, but I have to add that "a good pro" isn't out at 4am completely shitfaced-drunk in a different fucking city.

Exactly. He is masquerading as a professional athlete whilst out on the piss and eating junk food. Just shows no commitment. And don't give me shit about footballers needing down time, they get the summer off. Footballer and drink. How many careers need to be fucked up before they'll learn. Look at Michael Johnson for the latest victim.

Oh and I don't think Santon would be in this situation, young English footballers seem to crave attention and revel in celebrity culture.

If he was doing it every week I could see why people are giving him so much stick.

As it is, people are giving him undue grief because they don't rate him as a player. I don't rate him either, but this hardly constitutes proof that he's not being a professional.

English footballers like a drink. Its a problem imo and probably goes a long way to our shite national team. None of the foreign lads in our squad are as bad - Haidara in his interview said he doesn't drink or go out because he's focussing on his career. Compare that to some of the knackers to come through our academy and you start to realise why we keep having to buy rather than develop our own.

It's the same night all the french lads were photographed drinking in the Quayside. They were probably all told to go out and enjoy themselves after a great win, all had sunday off. Whether you're out until 2am, or 4am, if you're in good shape you'll recover from a hangover pretty quickly. I don't have an issue with him being out drinking.

Generally I agree, but I have to add that "a good pro" isn't out at 4am completely shitfaced-drunk in a different fucking city.

I'm sorry like, but it's his time off. If it was before a game it wouldn't be on at all, but it's not. It's part of our culture for better (but mainly) or worse. The majority of footballers go out and get pissed, just like the majority of people do.

Hes' not horseshit. He's a decent Premiership fullback who always seems to try his best.

He doesn't get knackered after 70mins like some players, looks in decent shape, rarely injured so he should be allowed the odd night out.

Drinking etc. is a big part of British culture and I expect 90% of British players to be involved.

Saying that, he shouldn't get himself into situations where he's fighting/getting ko'd. While he shouldn't go around in a mob, it's never wise to go on solo adventures outside of clubs by yourself. I've gotten into fights in this situation and although i've never been ko'd, i've got battle scars on my beautiful face as a result.

I learnt that at 19, Danny is 25 with a child and should really know better regarding the whole thing. Lesson learned I suppose.

Really don't like the stick some of our players get on here. Because he's shit (and he's not tbh) and a bit flash or something, this is a laughing matter on here and people "hate" him. Say what you like about Scousers/L'pool fans but they stand by their own rightfully or wrongly and it benefits them in the long-run. When you're a L'pool player regardless of your stature, you've got most of their support rain or shine. Patience too. And it benefits their side no end. We could learn from them.

I'm sorry like, but it's his time off. If it was before a game it wouldn't be on at all, but it's not. It's part of our culture for better (but mainly) or worse. The majority of footballers go out and get pissed, just like the majority of people do.

It's not his time off if he was supposed to be in training on Monday.

It's not his time off if he was supposed to be in training on Monday.

Thought he had a broken toe?

EDIT: Guess he shouldn't have been out then regardless :lol:

College Dropout :thup:

Hes' not horseshit. He's a decent Premiership fullback who always seems to try his best.

He doesn't get knackered after 70mins like some players, looks in decent shape, rarely injured so he should be allowed the odd night out.

Drinking etc. is a big part of British culture and I expect 90% of British players to be involved.

Saying that, he shouldn't get himself into situations where he's fighting/getting ko'd. While he shouldn't go around in a mob, it's never wise to go on solo adventures outside of clubs by yourself. I've gotten into fights in this situation and although i've never been ko'd, i've got battle scars on my beautiful face as a result.

I learnt that at 19, Danny is 25 with a child and should really know better regarding the whole thing. Lesson learned I suppose.

Really don't like the stick some of our players get on here. Because he's shit (and he's not tbh) and a bit flash or something, this is a laughing matter on here and people "hate" him. Say what you like about Scousers/L'pool fans but they stand by their own rightfully or wrongly and it benefits them in the long-run. When you're a L'pool player regardless of your stature, you've got most of their support rain or shine. Patience too. And it benefits their side no end. We could learn from them.

Okay, maybe he's not horseshit, but he's definitely not decent either, imo.

Average, or occasionally just above average.

How many bad games has he had this season? How many times has he been raped time and time again by a winger? Honestly not many. He's a steady defender imo. Not a weak link defensively, although attacking wise you can ignore him tbh. He's certainly cost us less points than Santon & Colo.

While he doesn't have the top displays the other 2 have had. He's steady. Puts in 6's, 7's every game. Yet reading this thread, he's horseshit.

How many bad games has he had this season? How many times has he been raped time and time again by a winger? Honestly not many. He's a steady defender imo. Not a weak link defensively, although attacking wise you can ignore him tbh. He's certainly cost us less points than Santon & Colo.

While he doesn't have the top displays the other 2 have had. He's steady. Puts in 6's, 7's every game. Yet reading this thread, he's horseshit.

How many good games has he had? Not many. In fact, I struggle to remember games where Simpson was one of the best players on the pitch. It's either he's been shit, average or simply OK. In my eyes, that makes him average.

The fact that he wastes so many attacking moves, and that he's hasn't improved one bit in that aspect during his time here, is enough for some us. Time and time again our attacking moves down the right come to nothing. No prizes for guessing who's a major factor in that.

It's enough to make him a decent player. He's a fullback. His primary responsibility is to defend well and he does a pretty good job of that. He doesn't cost us many goals and that's what he's there for. He won us several points last season with goal line clearances, think he had another great one against Spurs. Aye, he's fairly crap going forward but that doesn't make him a bad player. Most importantly, it doesn't mean he should be ridiculed and laughed at, at every and any opportunity. It's great that Colo/Santon have been good on the ball but what good is that when Santon's playing people onside, going AWOL in defence, letting balls roll under his foot into the net, Colo getting beat in the air from a set piece by Hugo Rodallega etc. For his faults, Simpson as a defender has been pretty decent all season.

You can't fault him for a lack of effort, despite him feeling he's underpaid and us trying to sell/replace him for over a year.

He's a Newcastle United player and that should be enough to guarantee our support until he leaves. Seems liek for us, you're either worshipped all the time, or loathed and people are happy when you're sold. It's been happening to Tiote, he's gone from mint to terrible, who cares if he's sold, in fact I hope we sell him and replace him. Lack of support.

I think Perchinho and Raylor (who had to win a few matches with wonder goals), are the only non-purple players that get a decent shake off the fans.