Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Part of the problem is lack of competetion for old Simpson, it seems can play as poor as he can, and boy can he be poor, yet never ever gets dropped, if he had someone breathing down his neck then maybe his performances would be better, but alas Pardew the Magnificent sees no other challenge to the lad.

I'm not sure how having competition will improve him, it's not going to make him comfortable on the ball and that's his biggest weakness.

Guest bimpy474

Part of the problem is lack of competetion for old Simpson, it seems can play as poor as he can, and boy can he be poor, yet never ever gets dropped, if he had someone breathing down his neck then maybe his performances would be better, but alas Pardew the Magnificent sees no other challenge to the lad.

I'm not sure how having competition will improve him, it's not going to make him comfortable on the ball and that's his biggest weakness.

I know what you mean, its his complete lack of ability that is his rather major problem, but you know what i mean, a threat to your position would make you raise your game surely.

Guest neesy111

The fact that anyone is defending Simpson after today means....

1)  They are his agent.

2)  They are Simpson or his family.

3)  They should be eliminated from football.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/26/pards-keeps-his-cool-79310-30407634/

ALAN Pardew remains hopeful of resolving his Newcastle United contract dilemmas – despite Danny Simpson turning down the latest offer.

The Sunday Sun understands Simpson has been offered a five-year deal worth £25,000-a-week but wants further talks later in the season.

Sure to please many. :lol:

I don't understand it. Myself and loads of other Newcastle fans i speak to don't rate him. If i ever watch games with supporters of other teams they all comment on how shit he is. Are we all just plain wrong?

I don't understand it. Myself and loads of other Newcastle fans i speak to don't rate him. If i ever watch games with supporters of other teams they all comment on how s*** he is. Are we all just plain wrong?

Now your right alright, he's f*ckin diabolically shit and needs to GTFO ASAP id consider getting a kid of the street because lets face it he cant be any worse.......

If he's still our starting RB next season i might just go and kill myself.

Guest neesy111

I don't understand it. Myself and loads of other Newcastle fans i speak to don't rate him. If i ever watch games with supporters of other teams they all comment on how shit he is. Are we all just plain wrong?

No.  Just because a football manager rates a player means fuck all in the scheme of things.  I've always said fans make better managers than ex-players because they actually analyse the game more.

Please, please, please, please be true

I hope he does reject it BUT he is an idiot, he is punching far above his weight by playing for us and hopefully if he rejects the offer he will realise that

I would rather recall Tavernier and give him a go at right back, can't be worse than Simpson

End of the day £25kpw is probably about right for his standard, its not really his fault he's going backwards, his manager is fine with it so why should he care?

He's still easily sold on that figure, and we'll probably get twice as much as he's worth.

Still would love a new LB and/or RB to challenge him, there's a much better player in there than what we are seeing but on the other side I simply wouldn't lose sleep seeing him go.