Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Neil Farrington on twitter:

"Good riddance to Simpson. For a player so modest to dictate terms to a PL club is absurd."

Couldn't agree more.

Same here. Use the money to buy a left back and move Santon across to the right instead.

Neil Farrington on twitter:

"Good riddance to Simpson. For a player so modest to dictate terms to a PL club is absurd."

Couldn't agree more.

Same here. Use the money to buy a left back and move Santon across to the right instead.

Aye.

His reluctance to run at the opposition is really getting frustrating tbh. Still don't mind him as such, defensively he's a much better full back from Raylor (though for a player who supposedly has "pace", Simpson was skinned quite a bit by the Wolves player on the wing, hmmm) but his attacking is virtually non-existant and he is probably the weakest player out of a full-strength starting 11.

I'm all for an upgrade in the summer like but in the meantime, I would still start him at RB. Got to say though, wouldn't be averse to Santon starting at RB and Ferguson starting at LB. If we do sign a new RB (or Tavernier steps it up), I wouldn't mind keeping Simpson as back up tbh.

End of the day £25kpw is probably about right for his standard, its not really his fault he's going backwards, his manager is fine with it so why should he care?

He's still easily sold on that figure, and we'll probably get twice as much as he's worth.

Still would love a new LB and/or RB to challenge him, there's a much better player in there than what we are seeing but on the other side I simply wouldn't lose sleep seeing him go.

Aye, really think competition will do him a bit of good. There has been a hint of complacency there tbh. Yeah, I'm hoping that there is still some potential in him somewhere but the signs aren't looking too good.....really looks like he's average at best.

Quite frankly i wouldnt worry about replacing him, iam pretty sure Gosling can do a better job than Simpson.

Just get him the f*ck out so i dont have to cringe every single bloody time he's on the ball, seriously everytime he gets the ball iam like FFS dont pass it to him, cmon Danny give the ball to someone else i dont care who it is just give it to anyone.

I would actually go as far to say that i prefer Perch.

I've had it with Simpson, he's just such a poor footballer. I used to think he was a solid but limited full back, but after seeing him live every week this season I've completely changed my mind. Bar the occasional goal line clearance he's a terrible defender, constantly backing off, is poor in the air, weak, no great pace and an abomination with the ball at his feet. The point in the second half when Ben Arfa laid the ball to him to put in first time and he took a touch, drifted in an aimless floaty cross and then berated Ben Arfa for the pass had me fuming. If he had any ability he would have been able to put that ball in first time.

Every time he gets the ball I expect us to give it away, usually with one of his clipped aerial balls forward that make it almost impossible for our strikers to get down because it's in the air for so long, and just allows defenders to either get a run on the ball and win the header or get really tight to our striker and force them backwards. If he's rejected the contract then good, get rid, stick Santon at right back and put Ferguson / Raylor / new left back in.

There is absolutely nothing he does well. He seems a nice enough lad, but he's a hugely limited footballer. Every time I see him pointing at a player he should be picking up, it makes me want to smash his face in tweet nasty things about him.

For all everyone on here hates him, apart from the one time we brought on Santon in his place (for 15mins against Spurs, four months ago) I've seen nowt to suggest Pardew is even considering dropping Simpson. He's had worse games than Saturday too.

For all everyone on here hates him, apart from the one time we brought on Santon in his place (for 15mins against Spurs, four months ago) I've seen nowt to suggest Pardew is even considering dropping Simpson. He's had worse games than Saturday too.

Yeah, that's the problem. I hope Pardew is just a ruthless bastard who'll keep him sweet and then turf him out when he's found a replacement.

I bet its f***ing prozone, and pardews reliance upon it. Load of s***.

Can't be that.  I did a piece on Simpson using Opta stats and he still comes out poorly compared to Santon and other right backs in the league.

He's improved compared to last year, but he's not good enough if we want to progress.

http://www.eplindex.com/10411/simpson-santon-compared-to-rivals-opta-stats.html

Can't be that.  I did a piece on Simpson using Opta stats and he still comes out poorly compared to Santon and other right backs in the league.

He's improved compared to last year, but he's not good enough if we want to progress.

Does that mean you have a subscription on there? If so, can you do something on the frequency with which we use the long ball and how that has changed throughout the season?

Does that mean you have a subscription on there? If so, can you do something on the frequency with which we use the long ball and how that has changed throughout the season?

Could do.  Interesting point that.

Just for reference - Wolves (h) 98 long balls, 50 successful. Wolves (a) 1st Oct: 75 long balls, 39 successful.

Graeme Bailey ‏ @SkyGraemeBailey  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Newcastle insist that progress is being made with new contracts for defenders Fabricio Coloccini and Danny Simpson. www1.skysports.com/football/news/…

Was just thinking about that this morning. Would be good to see. Represented with graphs too  :rose:

BTW, MOTD2 yesterday: he mentioned both his use of stats and that football's a chess game. :shifty:

Well, yes, but chess games have game clocks. You're not supposed to take 70 minutes to decide on your first f***ing move.

:lol: