Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Eh? He makes mistakes others don't.

He makes mistakes and gets blamed for them while others can make the same mistakes and get away with making them.  Is that easier to understand?

He makes mistakes and gets blamed for them while others can make the same mistakes and get away with making them.  Is that easier to understand?

Mick's got a point, defensively Simpson just about makes the grade. Notfor a top six team though. Unfortunately as a footballer he's barely a premier league player. He can't cross, dribble, shoot or handle too much pressure. I think he gets too much flack but he's still not a good enough footballer if we want to go for top six year on year

Guest bimpy474

Mick's got a point, defensively Simpson just about makes the grade. Notfor a top six team though. Unfortunately as a footballer he's barely a premier league player. He can't cross, dribble, shoot or handle too much pressure. I think he gets too much flack but he's still not a good enough footballer if we want to go for top six year on year

Problem is (and i agree with you), he is a playing in a top six team, its now whether he progresses as a footballer to prove he can be a top six side player, season after season, and again i agree with you that he wont. I would think him and possibly Pardew think he has earn't the right to prove it next season, and tbf he probably has.

Did not want them to go.

He drove Simpson and Obertan to us.

Honestly cant't believe that anyone other than Stevie Wonder thinks Simpson can defend. Other players double up to help him and he mostly gets beat one on one.

I have bbm from 2 Toon players who say he is s*** in training and the weak link in the team, maybe they are wrong but then again what do they know..................................................

Ai4MCheCQAANXmo.jpg

Anyone got the Messi one? That was f***ing hilarious :lol: Can't remember who did it.

http://i.imgur.com/WxiTG.jpg

I really tried my best, but I just couldn't achieve the same level of smug. Sorry lads.

I'm also in the toilets, which didn't really help me get into the role.

:lol: :lol:

Guest magpie99

I beieve he is on his way in the summer to a lower/midtable team because the clib wont pay him what he wants and he can see that we will bring in several defenders in the summer which will result in him being a back up at best.

IMO, next season will see Santon at rb with Clyne signed as back up, Tavernier also in contention, Pieters at left back woth Clune also back up and Perch, Raylor and Fergie all able to do a job there.

I haven't seen anyone else make mistakes as stupid as his 'tackle' and dive against brighton and throw in against Arsenal. I take your point in general but i'm not sure how relevant it is. He's certainly not a scapegoat for anything, he just stands out a mile because he's not good enough.

Guest bimpy474

For £3.5m i'll come up and give him a saddler to Villa on my sons Tomahawk, it says no giving people saddlers but i dont care, i'm a rebel like that.

To be honest he has picked up lately and as part of a squad I would keep. He is not good on the ball though. From a work ethic point of view he works as hard as anyone, and has stopped backing off quite as much. I like him tbh as a squad player. Would like some competition out there though, it may help him lift his game

Honestly can't understand the s*** that Simpson gets on here

Alright he's not great, and wouldn't be first choice if we got someone better than him in obviously, but he's decent backup.

So you can understand it?  :lol:

It is over the top at times, but I think the majority are happy for him to see the season out as long as he's replaced in the summer.

Honestly can't understand the s*** that Simpson gets on here

Alright he's not great, and wouldn't be first choice if we got someone better than him in obviously, but he's decent backup.

So you can understand it?  :lol:

It is over the top at times, but I think the majority are happy for him to see the season out as long as he's replaced in the summer.

Replaced as in sold or competition added, I would not get rid of any apart from loven, Smith and Guthrie

Simpsons main problem is he thinks he is the greatest RB ever, and with no competition for his starting place he thinks he can demand what ever terms he wants on a new contract.

Agreed, which is why I would add competition rather than sell him. He is a very good squad player I think

Simpson's best games are when we sit back and defend (Stoke away, Swansea away etc.), because he is a decent defender with his backing-off-tendencies decreasing in the past year. He's a decent when it comes to tackling and just being in the way of his winger. However, the number of games when we sit back is getting fewer and will probably get fewer in the coming years if we continue to improve.

I think Williamson's big minus is how frightened he is of the ball, but he can get away with it as Coloccini handles most of the passing out of defence. But Simpson and Williamson forming that right hand partnership of our defence, it prevents us from starting a number of attacks. They very rarely play it out of there, and for us to be able to develop our attacking play with the player's we've got going forward, Simpson needs replacing, preferably with Santon.

Guest neesy111

Simpson- It's always somebody else's fault

I hate his finger pointing and his constant backchat at other team members.  Shut up ffs.