Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

From a footballing point of view bringing in Debuchy and keeping Simpson as backup would be pretty much ideal. Let Tavernier go out on loan for the year and get some experience.

Can't see it happening though, we'll want a fee for him rather than letting his contract run down.

Hope to fuck it's not a case of sell before we buy.

Can't see him staying..unless we can't offload him and fail to get any RB targets.

Pardew has already said previously he rates Tavernier as being almost as good as Simpson and a quick learner. Might as well cash in on Simpson while we can tbf if we rate Tavernier around the same.

Unless we have some young fullbacks coming through the ranks, it's highly unlikely that we'll have a backup RB better than Simpson.

If he's willing to stay without guarantees of first-team league football, that would be the best outcome IMO.

Perch?

Unless we have some young fullbacks coming through the ranks, it's highly unlikely that we'll have a backup RB better than Simpson.

If he's willing to stay without guarantees of first-team league football, that would be the best outcome IMO.

Perch?

:snod:

Guest magpie99

I think Simpson will leave, perhaps late on in the window for a couple of million. The precedent has been set with other players who refuse contracts at the club.

I think we will use the funds from his sale to sign Clyne and I would really like to see Tavernier given a decent run.

Got a real stonk on for Clyne, based on very little I think he will become a real top full back. If we signed him instead of Debuchy I wouldnt be remotely disappointed.

Out of the two, there's a decent argument he would be a better signing.

I'd be happy with either.

Guest Roger Kint

Got a real stonk on for Clyne, based on very little I think he will become a real top full back. If we signed him instead of Debuchy I wouldnt be remotely disappointed.

Out of the two, there's a decent argument he would be a better signing.

I'd be happy with either.

The idea of seeing an improving young English kid in the team would be nice. Like you say either would be good news for us though.

Guest Tyson

Likewise. But the worrying trend (of demanding an unrealistically discounted rate for good players ie. bids for current top targets which have brazenly been refused) continues. We only secured Cisse thanks to Freiburg's unexpected flirtation with the drop zone last year, at a time when they were actively looking to sell in order to raise funds needed to partially restructure a poor performing back 4. Whereas we (Llambarse & Ashley) refused to budge & ultimately trudged off with their tails between their legs during the previous Summer window, at a time when Freiburg were demanding the going rate for top strikers. Cisse, thanks to the aforementioned events which unfolded, is the one of the luckiest signings one will come across.

The question is, and with that said, is the club willing to table a competitive offer (lets say 3m), a bid to put any rival suitors out to pasture. Palace would be happy with that sort amount, rather than letting it play out Russian Roulette style via the Tribubal.

Guest Tyson

Haven't Freiberg regularly struggled?

I see your point though.

One very promising campaign though, soon after promotion (on the back of Cisse's 20+ goal return year). Sitting near bottom of the table, come January while armed with one of the league's top strikers, wasn't on the cards. On the back of Cisse's aforementioned season, with a developing & young squad, a run at a Europa spot would've have been a reasonable & fair forecast. Ultimately undone by the balance that exists in the Bundesliga, i think Wolfsburg had a low-half-of-the-table run after winning the league in the late 2000's (08/09 iirc)

Danny Simpson ‏@dannysimpson

Back from Barbados now... I had a great time but I'm actually looking forward 2 going back 2 training next week n being back in amongst it

5:46 PM - 28 Jun 12

Back from Barbados now... I had a great time but I'm actually looking forward 2 going back 2 training next week n being back in amongst it

Good stuff, hope he knuckles down and becomes the immense and awesome talent he thinks he is. :thup:

Guest hydeous

Good stuff, hope he knuckles down and becomes the immense and awesome talent he thinks he is. :thup:

;D

(I actually signed up after a year of lurking just to post that smiley)

;D

(I actually signed up after a year of lurking just to post that smiley)

:yeah:

Glad to have smoked ya out. :thup:

Off to sign for Real Madrid.

Early flight to Spain tomorrow.. Literally gonna b there for 4 hours n then fly back home

11:56 PM - 29 Jun 12

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1ji4JzH-LlQ/TRGcfbkjr7I/AAAAAAAABjg/NDBUPRCT8g0/s1600/2405147.bin.jpg

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/logos/logos1009/logos100900337/8047087-young-business-man-sitting-at-the-airport-lounge-checking-time-for-his-flight.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1ji4JzH-LlQ/TRGcfbkjr7I/AAAAAAAABjg/NDBUPRCT8g0/s1600/2405147.bin.jpg