Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

QuaysideKelly @quaysidekelly

@Lee Ryder

Hi mate. Twitterazzi are getting stuck into Simmo again!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Sad isn't it. One of #nufc's most reliable performers, and media friendly too.

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

And what was your match rating for Simmo, on the weekend.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@Quayside Kelly

Normally i'd just pencil in a 7 or 8 for Mr Reliable, anf leave it at that. Had on off day against #cfc. A 6 rating.

Reply Retwet Favorite

:tobey:

@Lee Ryder

Hi mate. Twitterazzi are getting stuck into Simmo again!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Sad isn't it. One of #nufc's most reliable performers, and media friendly too.

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

And what was your match rating for Simmo, on the weekend.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@Quayside Kelly

Normally i'd just pencil in a 7 or 8 for Mr Reliable, anf leave it at that. Had on off day against #cfc. A 6 rating.

Reply Retwet Favorite

Mr. Reliable. :yao:

I think we should get used to the idea of Simpson being around for another year. Unless someone comes in and pays us decent wedge for him we will keep him and it will prevent us from making any increased bids for Debuchy. Unless Lille capitulate we've probably already made the decision to let Simpson keep the shirt until January at least.

I think we should get used to the idea of Simpson being around for another year. Unless someone comes in and pays us decent wedge for him we will keep him and it will prevent us from making any increased bids for Debuchy. Unless Lille capitulate we've probably already made the decision to let Simpson keep the shirt until January at least.

Yep, it's not the end of the world. He's not as good as we ideally need, but he's not terrible either.

Yep, it's not the end of the world. He's not as good as we ideally need, but he's not terrible either.

Do think Perch should be given a chance at being first-choice right back though.

Given how solid he's been filling in at various spots, I'm surprised he's not being given the opportunity to prove himself in his natural position.

And it's going to be to the complete detriment of the team of people continually use the lad as a focal point for all disappointment, rage, abuse etc. He's what we've got at the moment and I just hope the fans don't give him "unneccessary" stick the whole time.

And it's going to be to the complete detriment of the team of people continually use the lad as a focal point for all disappointment, rage, abuse etc. He's what we've got at the moment and I just hope the fans don't give him "unneccessary" stick the whole time.

He is to the detriment of the team, he offers nothing going forward and if it wasn't for his athleticism he wouldn't have anything to offer defensively either, that's his only saving grace. We've got other options at full back it's about time we gave them the same opportunity this egotistical liability has had. He can concentrate on England's number 2 shirt, abusing fellow pro's and retweeting praise on twitter.

:okay:

:yao:

Meh, given that he's playing for a contract this year, maybe he'll buck up his ideas.

Problem is though he could put 110% effort into training and matches and he would still be shite, I don't think its about effort with him, he just generally doesn't have the ability to be anything better than an average fullback, when he attempts to make forward runs and crosses he looks so out of his depth its frightening, which would be half acceptable if he was a machine in defence but some days hes just as bad defending as he is going forward.

Major clanger not upgrading on him IMO, it will be to the detriment of our season and future seasons if he stays.

Do think Perch should be given a chance at being first-choice right back though.

Given how solid he's been filling in at various spots, I'm surprised he's not being given the opportunity to prove himself in his natural position.

Perch is a good defender, probably better than Simpson, but he offers nothing going forward....which is why we were after Debuchy in the first place. Simpson is the best option we have who can do a job of sorts either way.

Perch is a good defender, probably better than Simpson, but he offers nothing going forward....which is why we were after Debuchy in the first place. Simpson is the best option we have who can do a job of sorts either way.

I disagree, what exactly is it that Simpson does that makes him better going forward than Perch could? He can't take anyone on, ever, his horrific floaty crosses never come off, obviously apart from Spurs where Walker fucked up and flicked it on to Ba.

I say give Perch a go, hes a much better defender in my eyes and his growing confidence on the ball can only be a good thing, the defence have obviously been told not to hoof it anymore which is great but you can tell how uncomfortable that makes Simpson because he doesn't have the ability to pick a pass, Perch can do this with ease with his confidence being on a high.

Neither are ideal but Perch is the best option in my opinion.

Think people really underestimate Perch's calmness on the ball and his ability to pick and deliver a decent pass. I would play him at RB without a doubt in a game we were expected to win and see how he does

Simpson is better than Perch at RB.

Christ, the way some people go on here you'd think he was Stephen Carr or something, he's not that f***ing bad man!

Think that's in doubt, Perch is a much better footballer. He hasn't played there much for a long time so obviously he'll be rusty in some respects but the difference in quality is enough to make me want him to go there for a few games and show what he's made of there

I disagree, what exactly is it that Simpson does that makes him better going forward than Perch could? He can't take anyone on, ever, his horrific floaty crosses never come off, obviously apart from Spurs where Walker fucked up and flicked it on to Ba.

I say give Perch a go, hes a much better defender in my eyes and his growing confidence on the ball can only be a good thing, the defence have obviously been told not to hoof it anymore which is great but you can tell how uncomfortable that makes Simpson because he doesn't have the ability to pick a pass, Perch can do this with ease with his confidence being on a high.

Neither are ideal but Perch is the best option in my opinion.

His willingness to get forward? Simpson might not have much end product but he does bomb on and offer an outlet. Perch on the other hand is very much a defensive defender who doesn't want to venture into the opposition half. That's my reading of it anyway, and I'm a Perch fan and was back when he was getting slated here.