Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's never a RB, his best performances at Pompey were on the wing.

it surprises me hodgson hasn't used him there yet, everyone can see he can't defend to save his life

I kna, if Kuyt is playing up top I'd say he is at least the same as if not better than Maxi or Meireles out there.

The fact that anyone is talking about Simpson playing for England only underlines how s*** Perch was.

To be fair, we weren't the ones who brought it up.

Fair enough. I just skimmed the thread and haven't bought a newspaper in about 5 years. Who suggested it?

Had to do the work of two today as we had 3 CM's and a left winger.. fkn Guthrie offered no cover at fkn all.

he really did do the work of two as when he got the ball out wide the bloke behind me was shouting "get at him wayne get at him" but when defending "well done danny, good work".

The fact that anyone is talking about Simpson playing for England only underlines how s*** Perch was.

To be fair, we weren't the ones who brought it up.

Fair enough. I just skimmed the thread and haven't bought a newspaper in about 5 years. Who suggested it?

Think it was in the Mirror or something.

Had to do the work of two today as we had 3 CM's and a left winger.. fkn Guthrie offered no cover at fkn all.

he really did do the work of two as when he got the ball out wide the bloke behind me was shouting "get at him wayne get at him" but when defending "well done danny, good work".

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

A quite, composed and professional performance from him today. He had, I think, one dodgy moment, but he's impressed me since he's come back.  :thup:

Do sometimes wish he'd relax and not always look to smack it upfield.

Enrique got slated for doing the opposite last week :lol:

Is there a balance somewhere in there?

aye, hoof it when you need to hoof it, pass it when you can.

Guest Heneage

Do sometimes wish he'd relax and not always look to smack it upfield.

Enrique got slated for doing the opposite last week :lol:

Is there a balance somewhere in there?

It's all about reading the situation seeing what's around you. If you're trapped in the corner hoof it. If you are doubled up on a striker and you win it, look to play it out.

Still huge improvement on Perch and a good value signing.

Im still bemused as to how he looks better in this league than the Championship :lol:

He was carrying an injury for a good part of the back end of last season. He never looked terrible last season, his form just dropped near the end. I can't recall any real 'Boumsong' moments.

Im still bemused as to how he looks better in this league than the Championship :lol:

I think he's a decent defender but not that great going forward. When we were the best team in the Championship last year we needed him to get forward and be involved more. But playing in the premier league we need to soak up pressure a bit more and play on the break, so our tactics work to Simpson's strengths.

Still so happy with his form because I didn't have much hope for him this season.