Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Never said it was. Said it was a contributing factor.

At lot of Simpson's bad performances last season came (unsurprisingly) with Guthrie in front of him.

sounds like you're putting the majority of it down to the fact of who he's got in front of him.

Simpson has looked ok this season, although that's probably because I never expected much from him to start off with.

I still think he backs off far too much and he isn't the greatest going forward. Although every now and again he is capable of putting a decent cross in.

Today was the first game where i thought he was beaten. I have no idea why Martinez swapped Cleverly's position but it sealed the three points for us :)

Yep, thought he was our worst player today. Made a couple of decent tackles but backed off far too much again and was caught out of position a couple of times.

Today was the first game where i thought he was beaten. I have no idea why Martinez swapped Cleverly's position but it sealed the three points for us :)

Cleverly sometimes had the better of him, but I thought he looked very solid most of the time and he was very good going forward. Seems to have a nice partnership going with Barton. Well pleased with our right side in recent times. Now if only the left hand side could return to its usual standard we would be a handful from both wings..