Red/Blue Fixture - 6th Feb? - get your names down!

Pilko

Getting some practice in tomorrow, Beavers FC (Hampton & Richmond Supporters) vs Kidderminster Harriers Supporters. For one reason or another (nobody to organise it mainly) it's our first game of the season. I/We haven't played since last may (a 3-1 win over the scum that is AFC Wimbledon). Kiddy look a decent outfit so I'll no doubt be reporting back on a crushing defeat followed by my withdrawl from the Reds vs Blues match on grounds of lack of ability leading to personal humiliation.

You're aware that Pilko and Nixon are playing O0

Well that makes me feel a little better. Although I won't know if you are any good till I get to test  myself against you all, you could be trying to fool me into thinking you are all rubbish. I'll be working on my long throws tomorrow to see if my back holds up. I'm a bit of a poor man's Rory Delap.

If I'm on the blues do I have to bring a blue footy top of my own or is there a kit??

Well that makes me feel a little better. Although I won't know if you are any good till I get to test  myself against you all, you could be trying to fool me into thinking you are all rubbish. I'll be working on my long throws tomorrow to see if my back holds up. I'm a bit of a poor man's Rory Delap.

If I'm on the blues do I have to bring a blue footy top of my own or is there a kit??

Just bring your own blue top...no doubt there's a plethora available in west london...

Just bring your own blue top...no doubt there's a plethora available in west london...

Never in a million years mate!! More likely will be.....

http://www.prosport.ca/images/NUFC%20%20A%2007-08.jpg

Or if that's too light I have the 93/94 Blue Mcewans lager top, and a few others.

Anyone reading this who lives in Newcastle and fancies a run out tomorrow (Sat) afternoon, I need one or two players for our 11aside fixture as we're short of players. Drop me a PM with your mobile if you fancy it, it's up at Newcastle Uni pitches near Four Lane Ends metro, meeting just after 1pm.

We'll allocate you a team heza09, will dbl check numbers at the end of this week and post in here.

Just waiting for Yorkie to get back to me about the pitch, got a ref sorted.

Cool, I'll be driving up anyway and crashing at me gran's so I'm in no rush to book train tickets or a hotel. I wouldn't bother coming up just for the friday game so if the Red Vs Blues game isn't on then I won't be coming up. That be my only reason for wanting to know for sure if it is going ahead.

I'm still sore from my game on saturday. 9 months off followed by 90 minutes in midfield was a seriously bad idea. I did score a 35 yarder though, so I reckon I've still got enough to get by.

http://www.harriersfansteam.co.uk/hampton(a).html

The game started brightly for the away side who forced 2 good saves from the home keeper, but after just 10 minutes Kiddy’s striker Dave Greaves was forced off through injury which meant Andy Powell was thrown on as a make shift centre forward to partner the lively Andy Gray. It was the home side however that took the lead after a poor clearance from the Harriers’ keeper was lashed home from 35 yards in to an empty net. The rest of the half seemed to pass the visitors by and they went in at half time with the score line 1-0.

That were me that was.

What's the likelyhood of this happening? Names for this so far:

MyKidsSupportChelsea

Ashley17

Stu

KenDahl

CP40

Gorilla

Yorkie

Pilko

Kezman

Mini-Kezman presumably?

Rocker

Slim

Keefaz

Prophet

Niel presumably?

Heza09

I have a pitch contact now - who's going to be in touch with me during the week - but we're still a good few numbers off having enough for this one. I don't wanna have to potentially pay a booking fee for us to not eventually bother due to lack of numbers. It's a bit frustrating cos when this thread first got going we did manage to eclipse 22 forum members.

MyKidsSupportChelsea

Ashley17

Stu

KenDahl

CP40

Gorilla

Yorkie

Pilko

Kezman

Mini-Kezman presumably?

Rocker

Slim

Keefaz

Prophet

Niel presumably?

Heza09

I have a pitch contact now - who's going to be in touch with me during the week - but we're still a good few numbers off having enough for this one. I don't wanna have to potentially pay a booking fee for us to not eventually bother due to lack of numbers. It's a bit frustrating cos when this thread first got going we did manage to eclipse 22 forum members.

yorkie, it might be time to start thinking about 5/6 a side games.

MyKidsSupportChelsea

Ashley17

Stu

KenDahl

CP40

Gorilla

Yorkie

Pilko

Kezman

Mini-Kezman presumably?

Rocker

Slim

Keefaz

Prophet

Niel presumably?

Heza09

Chicken and Egg scenario in most respects Yorkie, people don't confirm their place and make plans to attend the match because the arrangements are all up in the air/uncertain/"he'll call me next week" and the venue/KO time/etc isn't confirmed because people haven't definitely put their name down.

The previous Reds v Blues game has always had 22+ players, there are enough local lads who can rope in a mate or two to give each side a sub or two.

I've already got the ref pencilled in, just need to know the pitch venue. I imagine there are going to be a couple of players on either side who will only be able to definitely confirm/withdraw once they know the KO time and venue (although we can only sort out lifts for people once we know where we're playing!)

Yorkie, we've got the majority of players interested in playing, once you've got the pitch booked we can sort out confirming numbers and asking around for extra bodies...

Guest Geordiecunny

I'm in too, but not on your list Yorkie. My mate who played in net for the other team when we played against the uni lot could play if its an early K.O.

Alright then, i'll just book it and we can take it from there. As CP40 says, there's no reason why it absolutely has to be an 11-a-side if we're a bit short. We could have a 5/6-a-side tournament or something, if not. :)

S'all cool. :thup:

Sorry btw - Cunny... the date was re-hashed again to the 6th of Feb on Page 4/5... i was just taking people's names from that point on. No bother.

Would be very surprised if, between the 15 or so definitely playing, we struggle to find 7-8 lads to play a game of football...

Aye I reckon some PM's to past players and some Harry Redknapp wheeling and dealing and we'll be alright

Latest on this?? Number of players? Pitch?? Likliehood of getting called off due to shitty weather??

It's a long old way to come if I get there and it's not on. I can't really afford to come up, and I wouldn't if it was just for the cardiff game, so can we get some confirmation please?