Arsene proposes kick ins instead of throw ins

Astroblack

It's just utter nonsense.

Arsenal have quick, pacy players which is an unfair advantage to all other teams. I reckon instead of running, they should walk to make it more fair.

Just because Stoke have something that Arsenal don't, doesn't mean it should be fucking outlawed :lol:

It's just utter nonsense.

Arsenal have quick, pacy players which is an unfair advantage to all other teams. I reckon instead of running, they should walk to make it more fair.

Just because Stoke have something that Arsenal don't, doesn't mean it should be fucking outlawed :lol:

i'd think he'd outlaw tackles on his players if he had the power to.

Mad idea from wenger, theres a simple solution arsene buy rory delap and maybe some players who arent midgets

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

I Love Wenger.

It's pretty obvious that he's been asked the question 'What rule would you change in football?', rather than him bringing it up out of the blue.

This should definately happen.

From dominic on 606: "Re 1236: Love the logic Arsene. That's like saying Walcott is too fast. Normal players do not have this speed and therefore young Theo should have a speed limit. Perhaps the fourth official could hold a speed camera to clock him?"

They do kick ins in the 6 a side league I'm in, problem is there's no rules on how far away the defender has to be from the line, so its nigh on impossible to keep possession. It's got to go under knee height so even if you take it back a couple of yards behind the line all you can do is drill it. Utter shit.

Guest nufc 4 life

This rule is similar to that of field hockey. The rule is that the ball cannot go straight into the D (box). Also, all players have to be 5 yards away, opposition or team-mates. The ball can be passed to self, but it must travel (either dribbled or hit) 5 yards before going into the box (thus eliminating the opportunity to just tap it to yourself and smashing it in)

I must admit, it has worked very, very well in hockey, the game has become a lot faster, obviously being able to hit to yourself and run makes it a lot more exciting. I think it could work in football as long as the rules were enforced correctly (not being able to just pump it in and everybody having to be at least 5 yards away)

They did this about 10 years ago, maybe more, in the Isthmian (Ryman) League. It was a bit of a joke and they scrapped it. It hapened exactly how you would think, the teams with someone who was excellent at Corners and Free Kicks flourished and the teams who couldn't get it right got stuffed. Teams were launching it in to the box about 40 times a game from as far back as the half way line. It would need accompanying rule changes like it would need to stay on the floor or this would happen with the majority of teams.

They did this about 10 years ago, maybe more, in the Isthmian (Ryman) League. It was a bit of a joke and they scrapped it. It hapened exactly how you would think, the teams with someone who was excellent at Corners and Free Kicks flourished and the teams who couldn't get it right got stuffed. Teams were launching it in to the box about 40 times a game from as far back as the half way line. It would need accompanying rule changes like it would need to stay on the floor or this would happen with the majority of teams.

Make it so they are not allowed to be hit into the box and have to be taken by the player closest when it went out of play and it could possibly work.

I think it works fine the way it is (except when they make about 15 yards out of it). Wenger is just pissed off he doesn't have someone in his team that can throw like that gypsy who plays for Stoke.

Wenger's comments are bollocks like, but do you honestly think he'd ask a player to do what Delap does even if he had someone capable of it?, because I don't.

I think it works fine the way it is (except when they make about 15 yards out of it). Wenger is just pissed off he doesn't have someone in his team that can throw like that gypsy who plays for Stoke.

Wenger's comments are bollocks like, but do you honestly think he'd ask a player to do what Delap does even if he had someone capable of it?, because I don't.

Course he would. Few minutes from time & a throw in he'd have them lob it in each time. Probably not use it as a massive tactic outside of that though yeah.

Wonder what Dave Challinor is doing these days.

Tranmere Dave Challinor? he was a legend :D I remember those cup games, must have been 8/9 years ago?

"A freak of nature," Sir Bobby called him. I also remember Challinor moving the position of each throw so he could take a run-up down the aisle, and thinking that this was, basically, cheating.