Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

One of the best 'footballing defenders' we've had at the club for a while. Love the way he reads the game and distributes the ball rather than panicking.

The question will remain whether he'll ever be able to cope physically with the Premier League though. Which is a shame because I like his style of play.

Would be a very annoying to see us sell our most improved player.Looking back now on last season now Is there any real  surprise that he didnt settle in with the state the club was in.When you look at other foreign players now at other clubs alot of the time they mightened have a great first season but improve after that,e.g Patrice Evra.

Dead right Ollie.

He's been our best player for about the last month or so (around about that anyway).  I've got a feeling he won't look as good in the PL, solely because our central midfield is **** and our defence is going to be exposed again like last season.  Put him in Spurs or Villa's team and I reckon most pundits would be falling over themselves to praise him.

I wont harp on about him again but I thought he was motm tonight, his passing is superb.

Can we have that in writing? :laugh:

Another good performance from him, has been solid since his return from injury

Let him go, and get Kilgallon in, we can't afford his wages, and even though he's got better this season, I still don't know weather or not he would be good enough for the Premiership.

Hasn't Kilgallon already proved he wasn't good enough for the Prem?

Let him go, and get Kilgallon in, we can't afford his wages, and even though he's got better this season, I still don't know weather or not he would be good enough for the Premiership.

Hasn't Kilgallon already proved he wasn't good enough for the Prem?

By that logic Colo has also proved that he wasn't good enough. One season doesn't make a player etc.

we should keep him unless we can get 8 mill plus or so, and have good replacement set up. He will be important next year! Cant see us finding a replacement as good as him. Colo and taylors partnership could be very important for us next year!

we should keep him unless we can get 8 mill plus or so, and have good replacement set up. He will be important next year! Cant see us finding a replacement as good as him. Colo and taylors partnership could be very important for us next year!

Another chance in the Premier League with this guy?  Didn't we learn anything.. and i simply don't buy this  'no protection from midfield nonsense' as Bassong in his first year in England was very comfortable in the vast majority of games here...  whilst the Argentine international .. well just look at his Liverpool home performance.  Couldn't give a fuck.