Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Guest johnson293

I remember the good old days when this thread was full of jokes and laughter.

Times have changed.

Yeah, but that was before Mike Ashley and Puma p***ed all over the clubs heritage by bringing out a 'cheap & tacky' strip with ironed on patches, and a big white panel on the back for names and numbers.

And don't get started on the bland, unimaginative away and 3rd strips!!!!

I quite like it, the only problem is the sponsor box - but we always knew it would have that.

Don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about the back not being striped, I couldn't care less.

Newcastle united wear black n white stripes as the club kit historically NOT black n white stripes with a white patch.

:lol: How many times have you cried over this?

Far to many.  I want stripes ! :lol:

I quite like it, the only problem is the sponsor box - but we always knew it would have that.

Don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about the back not being striped, I couldn't care less.

Newcastle united wear black n white stripes as the club kit historically NOT black n white stripes with a white patch.

That makes no sense... all shirts are 'designed' now and have been for years.

It's a bit like saying we don't wear black and white stripes with a puma on the chest, or saying we don't wear black and white stripes with three white stripes down the arms, or whatever other design feature we've ever used.

Its only recently they started putting a built in patch on the back.  forces people to put a name or a number on the back. Looks twatful without.

Gimme stripes !

Guest firetotheworks

I'll take a chance that no one else has noticed. Why is one of the seven dwarves in the bag at the front of that photo?

Guest malandro

It's a bit like saying we don't wear black and white stripes with a puma on the chest, or saying we don't wear black and white stripes with three white stripes down the arms, or whatever other design feature we've ever used.

Nonsense. The kits have always been designed and for about a hundred years the basic format was to have black and white stripes back and front. Then greed intervened.

Using your logic an all red home strip with a black lace trim and a picture of a penis on the back would be fine, as it’s a ‘design’ feature.

Nonsense. The kits have always been designed and for about a hundred years the basic format was to have black and white stripes back and front. Then greed intervened.

Using your logic an all red home strip with a black lace trim and a picture of a penis on the back would be fine, as it’s a ‘design’ feature.

Think you might be extending my logic a bit too far there.

Think you might be extending my logic a bit too far there.

:lol:

I think youll be suprised how many of our kits have had patches on the back

I hated this shirt at first but looking back, black on the back looks far better than white IMO.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2474/image026mb8ag2.jpg

Still shouldn't be any patch like.

Aye a sewn on one, that when sold to the public isn't stitched on.

I hated this shirt at first but looking back, black on the back looks far better than white IMO.

Surely a shirt manufacturer is capable of putting text on a striped shirt without having to fucking patch it up like that. It just looks awful.

Aye I think we would all like to see actual stripes on the back, this is just a ploy to make more people pay for names and numbers.

I know in Europe you need a patch but why can't we (when we eventually get back into Europe) just add one on to the numbers like we did to the old Asics kit in the early 90's or like AC Milan do now iirc.

Sell them to fans with stripes, put names and numbers on like this;

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/sep2007/2/1/04436207-0278-069A-5E51B8DE04E58E1A.jpg

Surely a shirt manufacturer is capable of putting text on a striped shirt without having to fucking patch it up like that. It just looks awful.

same problem football always has: how many shirt designers you reckon are genuine bleed their clubs colours fans?  how many chairman, despite professing to be fans would ever put the club ahead of their own financial gain (generally speaking)?

as everyone says, throw one of these photoshop monkeys into the puma designers shop for 24 hours and we'd have a great shirt, or puma would be desiging a great shirt, instead they're designing fucking STAR COLLARS for scumbag football fans :facepalm:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gHB5t-lnTlY/SUDcLCrNZuI/AAAAAAAAADM/rGf9W9buOoc/s400/1094413434119081308216839_pioneerhj.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lvom15.jpg

It's really not rocket science like.