Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

just got the kids a kit each with their names on the back. look great. shocked at the queues though for the players - easily an hour long

Probably waiting for Carroll to work out how to use a pen for the signatures.

Guest johnson293

Probably get the new home shirt/strip for my son, but probably wait until his Birthday in November and get his name & age (7) on it too.

He only got the adidas shirt a couple of weeks before the end of the season, so he can wait a bit longer for a Puma one. He isn't so into football yet to need/want the latest shirt straight away.... thank god!

Guest johnson293

To anyone who bought the shirt, what is the size like compared to Adidas? I'm thinking about ordering online but don't know if I should stick with the same size from previous Adidas shirts.

From reading the comments about the away/3rd shirts, it seems there is variation in the same sizes between those - so you may be just as well going and trying one on to be sure.

anyone got the home shirt yet?

Yeah I got it this morning...

And is the sponsors patch as shiny and 'ironed on' looking as (many) feared?

Yeah i'm afraid so :S

Will it cause havoc with your nipples on a cold day?!?!

Where the fuck are your nipples located dude.

anyone got the home shirt yet?

Yeah I got it this morning...

And is the sponsors patch as shiny and 'ironed on' looking as (many) feared?

Yeah i'm afraid so :S

Will it cause havoc with your nipples on a cold day?!?!

Where the fuck are your nipples located dude.

:lol:

I've just got in from work expecting to be trying on the new home shirt. The wife was meant to be buying it for me today.

But she reckons it was that bad she wouldn't spend the cash on it. What gives like, is it really that crap?

Guest Milburnthedog

Yes it is. Went in to the club shop today and the sponsor logo has to be seen to be believed its so bad. I think someone said if we were sponsored by duct tape it would be ok but it looks and feels cheap and crap.

I still don't understand why they fely the need for that bloody collar abomination, what were the thinking, the rest of the shirt isn't much better. Really a huge missed opportunity for Puma, hopefully after the 2 years of this contract we'll go back to a proper manufacturer.

Guest bondedcrown

To be honest it is just a footy shirt!  i'm so old the junior school keeper top i wore was a woolen polo necked jumper!

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4466/010278895067700.jpg

:laugh:

Loven - "You know, Sols so fat I ran round him twice and got lost"

Jonas - "Ho ho. I like running round in circles..."