Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

The shiny bin-liner sponsor isn't as bad when you see it up close. However the quality of the material used elsewhere apparent.

It's worse. Worst home kit since, well, two years ago.

I watched the  1996 Newcastle v Aston Villa game, which was shown over here on Setanta's classics, and we were sporting that first Adidas strip with the grandad colar. OMG was that strip a thing of beauty, Shame Adidas never really hit those hieghts again. Best NUFC kit ever IMO.

Yeah it was probably the only really good kit Adidas made for us. Everything after that was a bit of an anti climax although i did quite like the fat stripes of the Bobby Champions League era.

Guest Tall Striker

Yeah it was probably the only really good kit Adidas made for us. Everything after that was a bit of an anti climax although i did quite like the fat stripes of the Bobby Champions League era.

The one we wore in 99/00 (with NBA, rather than NTL), was lovely.

I've never seen one "live" so I've no idea about the quality.

I'm one for symmetry so I hate that they've put the puma in the middle, should have had it on the opposite side of the club crest. The crest itself and the sponsor looks awful aswell. Looks cheap :(

Guest Rob 1988

The 2 best Kits in Newcastle United Adidas Era IMO>>

1995-1997

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7326/ginoladavid19960406sfr.jpg

2005-2007

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9365/owenshearer.jpg

Gold Numbers :smitten:

The 2 best Kits in Newcastle United Adidas Era IMO>>

1995-1997

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7326/ginoladavid19960406sfr.jpg

2005-2007

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9365/owenshearer.jpg

Gold Numbers :smitten:

All time favorite....

Does anyone know how to sensibly an correctly apply prem badges? My bird got me some for my shirt but obviously I don't want to go straight in with the iron like a barbarian coz I might melt my shirt or something??? Any one done this them selves? Whats the crack? Any advice will be appreciated???

Any one?

Does anyone know how to sensibly an correctly apply prem badges? My bird got me some for my shirt but obviously I don't want to go straight in with the iron like a barbarian coz I might melt my shirt or something??? Any one done this them selves? Whats the crack? Any advice will be appreciated???

Any one?

Let the wor lass figure it out.

Any one?

Put the badges where you want them and then put a dish towel over top and iron them on, should do the job.

Any one?

Put the badges where you want them and then put a dish towel over top and iron them on, should do the job.

aye, that's about it like, still had my mam iron on my championship ones last season incase i made a pigs ear of it.

i need to get on ebay for another 95-97 home shirt like, i met peter beardsley a couple of years back and he signed mine on the brown ale logo, got it hanging up in the computer room but i need another one to actually wear

I've actually got that ^ shirt on right now!

Agree that those two (inc 1996 shirt) are the best Adidas ones, and probably the best we've had that I can remember.

i have this shirt but with the shearer testimonial logo on and the adidas shearer9 lettering on the back (which was used in the testimonial) unfortunately the northern rock has came off after many boil washes and tumble drys!! (im a mucky pup and always spill curry etc down myself so washy things very hot temps)

Any one?

Let the wor lass figure it out.

This seems to be the best bet! :thup: