Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

Thoroughly enjoyed that. I thought it would have been mentioned already, but it was weird how they all spoke about the Dyer/Bowyer fight being under SBR and them apologising to SBR, when it was under Souness.

Picked up on that also, I've heard him talk about the incident before and speak about Souness, so must have just been a brain fart.

He also did say he had a bad memory [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

I'm sure I've heard it spoken about before as being SBR. My guess is that towards the end of the SBR era it was widely reported that he'd lost control of the younger players in the squad and there were discipline problems. Maybe it's just remembered that way because it matches up with that environment, despite, ironically, it happening under SBR's successor in Souness, who was seen as more of a disciplinarian and - we can probably rightly assume - was brought in at least in part to fix that discipline problem for that very reason.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I was critical of him because his rants didn't feel real to me, but since he's gone on to interviews and it's obvious that he's just being himself, he's improved a lot and I can definitely see the appeal.

Been subscribed to true geordies podcasts for a year now and they're generally high quality. Hes improved a hell of a lot from being the big drunken ranting pillock he started out as.

:thup: he also has quite a variety of guests on which keeps things interesting, he's a local lad doing reasonably well for himself fair play to him.

The Alan Shearer podcast was great like. Like other's have said its strange hearing him swear :lol:

Anything about Ashley in there? Does Al call him a cunt?

Just says he doesn't understand Newcastle (the club or the people) and if he doesn't want to run it properly he should sell to someone who does.

Also the story about how they shook hands on a deal for Shearer to stay on as manager after relegation and he hasn't spoken to him since  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

'Lovely boy' is so fucking creepy like. :lol: It sounds like something that would be followed up with 'you've got a nice mouth'

Anything about Ashley in there? Does Al call him a cunt?

Just says he doesn't understand Newcastle (the club or the people) and if he doesn't want to run it properly he should sell to someone who does.

Also the story about how they shook hands on a deal for Shearer to stay on as manager after relegation and he hasn't spoken to him since  :lol:

Thanks. Gonna listen to it soon. Ashley is despicable.

Guest Howaythetoon

True Geordie looks like HTT....

Time to reply properly, firstly I'm a handsome bastard and secondly he is... a huge bloke, and has hair. The only thing we have in common is our passion and propensity to swear... he's a good lad though and I'm very happy for him, his podcasts are great. Loved the one with the Fear of 13 bloke and his Shearer one was first class. His sidekick though... air filler, drop him, he's obviously a Jonny come lately fan and supports fucking Liverpool!

Guest Howaythetoon

Says a lot about Shearer that he can now get on with the likes of Gullit and Keane, he's obviously a very tough character and clearly focused, but he has mellowed and is again one of the best sporting personalities out there IMO these days. When he said how moving to NUFC worked out great despite the lack of trophies, saying how his mam and dad who idolised Wor Jackie, saw him break the record. That means more than any number of trophies plus his foundation is immense, he wouldn't have had that at Man Utd so when he says he would make the same decision again, who can blame him. The True Geordie got it spot on when he said he would have been another great or top player in a long line of others where as at NUFC he's a god, citing the stick Rooney received from Man Utd fans and indeed Giggs. Spoilt bastards. Shearer, Shearer, Shearer... we can thankfully forget about him and management it would seem mind :D