Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd prefer to see him stay and get more games with Carroll or Beckford, never had the partnership here to show us his what he's made of, when he did get a start he was used game after game upfront on his own due to injuries and although he never scored he got Nolan on the scoresheet and caused problem in the oppositions defence.

I've heard it all now.

Can't understand why Hughton has been happy to admit to the media that he is interested in Beckford. All that's done is alert other clubs. I'm pretty sure Beckford would have heard about Newcastle's interest without it being announced in the media. Keep any potential transfers quiet until they are a done deal.

Can't understand why Hughton has been happy to admit to the media that he is interested in Beckford. All that's done is alert other clubs. I'm pretty sure Beckford would have heard about Newcastle's interest without it being announced in the media. Keep any potential transfers quiet until they are a done deal.

Still miles better than Mr. Joe Kinnear last January. Named pretty much every player we were (according to him at least) interessted in. In the end we got Nolan totaly out of the blue. Shows how much he had to say in terms of transfers imo. Wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens this window.

Everybody has known since the summer that this was the last year of Beckford's contract, he was transfer listed in the summer as a result. It's the worst kept secret in football, Hughton putting his marker down if anything eliminates a lot of clubs interest - I doubt he'd join a Coventry or Preston like team if we're interested.

I'd prefer to see him stay and get more games with Carroll or Beckford, never had the partnership here to show us his what he's made of, when he did get a start he was used game after game upfront on his own due to injuries and although he never scored he got Nolan on the scoresheet and caused problem in the oppositions defence.

I've heard it all now.

Was there even any need to make that post? What did that even contribute aside from making you look like a prick? Shut the fuck up man.

Yeah, it's likely that Beckford would be very interested in coming here. He has a likely chance of breaking into the starting 11 and will most probably be playing in the Premiership next season with us. Hughton probably feels that stating his interest publicly is a good way to force the issue.

Yeah, it's likely that Beckford would be very interested in coming here. He has a likely chance of breaking into the starting 11 and will most probably be playing in the Premiership next season with us. Hughton probably feels that stating his interest publicly is a good way to force the issue.

I'm sure Newcastle's 'people' could have contacted Beckford's 'people' to let him know of their interest without having to go through the media. It's only tapping up if you get caught.

I'm sure Newcastle's 'people' could have contacted Beckford's 'people' to let him know of their interest without having to go through the media. It's only tapping up if you get caught.

I definitely think that it's an attempt to unsettle him. I don't like when it's done, but it's part of football these days.

I've heard it all now.

Was there even any need to make that post? What did that even contribute aside from making you look like a prick? Shut the f*** up man.

:lol: :lol:

Beckford's agent guest on Collymore's show.

Phil Smith has been his agent (works with Nick Rubery) ever since Beckford was playing for Wealdstone. Thinks he will remain at Leeds to see the season out and achieve the promotion the club are striving for.

There have been enquiries from a number of clubs (Premier League & Championship) but no firm offers. Phil Smith thinks a fee of 3-4m is needed for Leeds to listen. Says Beckford is very ambitious, very confident and will not move anywhere to sit on the bench. He is not an impact player. Collymore said he is best stopping at Leeds under Grayson where he is doing well and the agent said this is one scenario but things will come to a head in the summer.

Phil Smith, Chief Operating Officer for First Artist, the agency that handles him, is on and get this:

He's not looking to leave and wants to get us promoted and we aren't looking to sell him. There's been no contact so far.

He wants to learn more and get better, doesn't want to go to a team and sit on the bench.

Leeds not letting him go for less than 3.5m-4m in his opinion.

He doesn't want to go but if Leeds accept a fee they will see what their options are

Says Nick Rubery works with him closely and they're trying to make him more media savvy because he's a bit "bruv this and bruv that!".

After a bit more thought on this, I'd recommend getting neither. Beckford doesn't look any betetr than what we currently have and Boyd I've never really seen play - but he cannot exactly be amazing if he only plays for Rangers and there appears to be very little Premiership interest in him.

Cant see any of our current strikers scoring that goal yesterday atall.

That's why Sholas scored goals against Barcelona and Chelsea and other teams. Beckford has scored one goal from s*** defending and goalkeeping and despite being a handful all game, I don't think he's any better than what we have. I'm not saying he is s***, but everyone - including myself (originally) thinks he wonder-player because he had one good game vs ManUre when they were completely off form...

Guest Stephen927

After a bit more thought on this, I'd recommend getting neither. Beckford doesn't look any betetr than what we currently have and Boyd I've never really seen play - but he cannot exactly be amazing if he only plays for Rangers and there appears to be very little Premiership interest in him.

Cant see any of our current strikers scoring that goal yesterday atall.

That's why Sholas scored goals against Barcelona and Chelsea and other teams. Beckford has scored one goal from s*** defending and goalkeeping and despite being a handful all game, I don't think he's any better than what we have. I'm not saying he is s***, but everyone - including myself (originally) thinks he wonder-player because he had one good game vs ManUre when they were completely off form...

Quoted for truth.

Football agent says :lol: oh those bringers of truth, those who never lie, him who all of a sudden had said somethimg about the fee needing to be much larger.

:lol:

Football agent in price bump shocker :lol:

He wants awayt has wanted away since the summer

He's coming man... I have faith.

Birmingham City and Newcastle United are also interested in signing the Rangers striker, and Strachan may have a job persuading Boyd that his next destination should be Teesside. Strachan’s team are presently sitting eleventh in the Coca-Cola Championship, five points off the play-off spots.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6975878.ece

wonder if strachan will convince him that teeside is closer to glasgow than tyneside ?