Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather resign Viduka than signing Boyd, Beckford or Chopra.

But instead of signing a striker at all I would be happy with a new good winger as we only have Jonas who can't deliver, Pancrate wo only shots when he gets the ball or Guthrie who isn't a real winger or last but not least R.Taylor who isn't quite comfortable on the ball. What about someone like Emerton or even Kewell? Or (because he was linked with us a year ago) Luic Garcia. We won't be able so sign a good winger in his twenties so sign someone who is over 30 but is able to deliver. 

Harewood is not coming because we ARE signing Beckford..

:itk:?

Don't be stupid man....

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qt8vh2.jpg

That's better. Tis the season and all that...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beckford without a doubt

Has an eye for goal, has done it consistently now over a few years, albeit in a lower division

A poor mans Andy Cole, but definately the best option for us for the time being

Guest Roger Kint

Beckford out of those for the simple reason there is a chance he can produce at a higher level whereas the other two we know will struggle

Guest toonlass

None of them are long term solutions tbh. But Kris Boyd if I had to chose one.

What next, David Weir over John Terry? :laugh:

Not at all, but why would Beckford be better than Boyd? Neither are good enough for the Premiership (if we get back there) but both could probably do a job in the Championship.

Guest toonlass

Not sure why, but I reckon Beckford would be ideal...and I honestly think he'd make the step up. 

Then again, I'm normally wrong about everything.

And then again in the summer to the premiership if we are promoted?

Not sure why, but I reckon Beckford would be ideal...and I honestly think he'd make the step up. 

Then again, I'm normally wrong about everything.

And then again in the summer to the premiership if we are promoted?

Possibly..I've seen him play and he's a cut above, apparently an utter cock end though.

Without wanting to do a comparison, I honestly think he'd be a Kevin Phillips/Andy Cole type signing.  Perhaps this could be sleep deprevation talking mind.

We can seriously do damage to our season if we after every possible signing we go "Ah, but he won't be able to step up to the Premier League".

I know we need to think long term, but we need to actually secure promotion first and players like Beckford will go a long way to helping us do that.

Ken Bates apparently wanted £5mil for him though, otherwise he'll just hang onto him for the end of the season. They feel even though they will get nowt at the end of the season, itd be worth it if they are certain to get promotion. Kind of like us with a few players really, we need the cash but at what cost?

I think he maybe worth a crack, but at the same time, he is a total total dickhead like...

Beckford would last 10 times game with us before being cast out the side for being 'lazy' and a 'poor footballer'.

Him and the crowd at SJP would be a massive, massive wrong fit. As would Boyd tbh, but to a lesser extent.