Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only goalscorer and Man Of the Match whilst beating ManU at home to knock them out the cup in the first round.

I think we can safely add another £3m to his price tag now!

Steve Bruce will be straight in there with a silly £££ bid thinking he's the next DJ Campbell!  :facepalm:

There won't be anything added to his price tag, he's out of contract in the summer FFS.

If other teams are interested, why not?

If teams are desperate around deadline day, I can see Beckford costing a lot. The teams potentially interested in him (lower Prem teams) won't pay a fuckload for someone because he did well in one game, and if Leeds want money for Beckford, they'll have to stay within reason and not kneejerk their asking price because Beckford scored at Old Trafford. I say they'll either keep him out hhis contract, or sell for a £1.5-2.5 Million.

after todays performance we may not be the only bidder though.

No reasonable club will pay a shitload for a player who is out of contract in the summer. Bar us none (lower prem / upper champ teams) are really desperate for a striker.

not a shitload but they don't need to, they just have to be more appealing than us. ie mid table prem club.

Only goalscorer and Man Of the Match whilst beating ManU at home to knock them out the cup in the first round.

Steve Bruce will be straight in there with a silly £££ bid thinking he's the next DJ Campbell!  :facepalm:

There won't be anything added to his price tag, he's out of contract in the summer FFS.

If teams are desperate around deadline day, I can see Beckford costing a lot. The teams potentially interested in him (lower Prem teams) won't pay a fuckload for someone because he did well in one game, and if Leeds want money for Beckford, they'll have to stay within reason and not kneejerk their asking price because Beckford scored at Old Trafford. I say they'll either keep him out hhis contract, or sell for a £1.5-2.5 Million.

No reasonable club will pay a shitload for a player who is out of contract in the summer. Bar us none (lower prem / upper champ teams) are really desperate for a striker.

not a shitload but they don't need to, they just have to be more appealing than us. ie mid table prem club.

Where Beckford would go if given more options is something completely different. I'm just saying this performance will have little to no effect whatsoever on the asking price.

Where Beckford would go if given more options is something completely different. I'm just saying this performance will have little to no effect whatsoever on the asking price.

Mental.

so why did you reply to me saying we may not be the only bidder ?

lol @ thinking we will lose out on him bc he scored against manu, that's not how it works, decent clubs don't sign players based on 1 performance and i don't think any PL club would gamble on a L1 player.

also at 26 i don't think he qualifies as young nowadays.

lol @ thinking we will lose out on him bc he scored against manu, that's not how it works, decent clubs don't sign players based on 1 performance and i don't think any PL club would gamble on a L1 player.

also at 26 i don't think he qualifies as young nowadays.

Well there are different types of 26 yr olds. Jermaine Beckford is one type then there's also Kevin Nolan..

Guest Phil K

What did Hughton bid for him ? A mill and a quarter or somesuch ?

The lad himself may be having second thoughts - who knows ?

Guest Stephen927

Depends which paper you read, I have read £500k and £1.25m.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is ours fee already agreed price won't go up

I hope your right Skirge, i think your reputation :) is seriously on the line

On the one hand Skirge is

* Absolutely top bloke.

* Could never see him being dishonest or evil.

On the other he is

* The most excitable person I have ever come across.

* Probably too trusting for this own good.

* Mentally optimistic

I want to believe but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Guest Phil K

Depends which paper you read, I have read £500k and £1.25m.

Saw the one and a quarter.

500k is a bit of an insult though.

Weren't Leeds wanting only two or thereabouts due to free in the summer ?

That OT goal may have got them trebling their requirements !

Be surprised if they don't try to get an auction going

VERY surprised.