Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the makeweight in the whole deal is Leeds' ability to find a replacement, we really should just send them Ranger till the end of the season/a year. He's contributed this season, but without being a goal threat. He'd benefit hugely from playing week-in week-out in a good side at a lower level. Leeds are probably better than a lot of the teams in this division.

Guest Phil K

If the makeweight in the whole deal is Leeds' ability to find a replacement, we really should just send them Ranger till the end of the season/a year. He's contributed this season, but without being a goal threat. He'd benefit hugely from playing week-in week-out in a good side at a lower level. Leeds are probably better than a lot of the teams in this division.

Actually thats a good idea.

The lad has promise, and missing chances would be turned to scoring chances in Div 1.

Who says Leeds would want Ranger? They may be able to see past the hype. I'm sure most people only like Ranger because of his "STR8 like a banana" internet bollocks. He's another one of the Newcastle crowd's unjustifiable (so far) fan favourites (following in the footsteps of Viana and Ketsbia).

Who says Leeds would want Ranger? They may be able to see past the hype. I'm sure most people only like Ranger because of his "STR8 like a banana" internet bollocks. He's another one of the Newcastle crowd's unjustifiable (so far) fan favourites (following in the footsteps of Viana and Ketsbia).

Nah, he's a young England international with bags of potential.

sign beckford and loan them ranger for the rest of the season O0

Aye, then he'd be the "loan Ranger". Maybe Leeds will sign "Tonto" to further boost their squad. Sorry, couldn't resist that. Showing my age now by remembering the Lone Ranger.

Guest Phil K

sign beckford and loan them ranger for the rest of the season O0

Aye, then he'd be the "loan Ranger". Maybe Leeds will sign "Tonto" to further boost their squad. Sorry, couldn't resist that. Showing my age now by remembering the Lone Ranger.

I'd prefer to give them Compo from last of the Summer Wine than Tonto

Yeah - loaned Ranger and Compo at Leeds.

Sounds right.

Viana a fan's favourite??  No-one liked Viana.  Which is a shame because he was actually quite good.

Viana a fan's favourite??  No-one liked Viana.  Which is a shame because he was actually quite good.

There was definitely a time when Viana was a fan favourite. He wasn't liked by the end of his Newcastle career. Lua Lua was another fan favourite. The crowd have a history of liking players who take the headless chicken approach to the game. Probably because we like to see players run at the opposition (hence why everyone got excited about Pancrate when he first played).

Ranger has shown a lot of potential, especially in his first few games he was impressive & could have set up several goals. Thats lessened as times passed, as he's had to play different roles & had his time on the pitch restricted really.

Leeds dont want a player with lots of potential right now though as said, they'd want a goalscorer

I don't get how people think Ameobi has better technique than Carroll.  Shola is obviously the better goalscorer but that doesn't mean he has the best technique.  I've never seen Shola score goals like Carroll v Doncaster and Plymouth, nor make passes like Carroll (v Ipswich- Nolan goals, v Derby- Taylor chance.  Obviously goalscorers are more important though.