Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

They will be able to sell players, I don't think that's even a question once they've gone into administration.

Selling is not the problem, but can the buying club register the player for this season - or are you buying said player at the knock-down bargain price only to "loan" them to Pompey for the rest of the season, and then they join the buying club in the summer?

Or are the FA granting exemptions to allow clubs to register ex-Pompey players outside of the window.

Guest johnson293

They will be able to sell players, I don't think that's even a question once they've gone into administration.

Selling is not the problem, but can the buying club register the player for this season - or are you buying said player at the knock-down bargain price only to "loan" them to Pompey for the rest of the season, and then they join the buying club in the summer?

Or are the FA granting exemptions to allow clubs to register ex-Pompey players outside of the window.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Ambrose

When we signed Darren Ambrose form Ipswich in similar circumstances, he signed in March and made his debut for us in May, so there wasn't a problem playing him the same season, even though we'd signed him outside of the Transfer Window.

I think there was an initial intention ot Loan him straight back to Ipswich, but not sure why that didn't happen.

I wonder if Newcastle and Ipswich being in different divisions made a difference?

I can't see teams at the bottom of the league being happy if the concede goals to teams featuring ex-Pompey players and get relegated because of it. There'd be court cases going on everywhere.

As Exiled says the problem is not in them being able to selling their assets but in registration rules.

There is no way in hell the PL or FIFA are able to bypass the laws of the land and block the selling of assets (players) by the the clubs.

They can however implement a system that does not allow buyers to register those players with the league they administer.

It would be interesting though to see someone like Pompey challenge that through EU law of free movement of goods and people. Football is a special case in some laws, but you never know they could win a case the makes transfer windows illegal, that would really open up a hornets nest. I doubt though pompey have the time and money necessary to pursue that course of action.

Oh and the other isssue they have is finding a buyer for these players, they need the money right now, most clubs have spent their budgets now for the year and pompey don't have that many really saleable assets. Can't see too many clubs being prepared to pay them up front for players they may not be able to register until next season.

Although we call it the "Transfer Window" it's really better defined as the "player registration window".  Premier League and Football League already have rules on this (as do other countries hence how players can sign for teams from other counties outside of our window).

As for finding buyers....that all depends on how good the bargains are :D

What I'm talking about about is a full transfer with the buying club being able to field the player competitively straight away.  Once a club goes into administration they can invoke a crysis clause to allow them to sell their players outside the transfer window with the transfer going through immediately.  The Premier League/FA wouldn't allow them to do it last time they made the request because tney weren't in admin and therefore not officially in a crisis as far as the Premier League/FA were concerned.

What I'm talking about about is a full transfer with the buying club being able to field the player competitively straight away.  Once a club goes into administration they can invoke a crysis clause to allow them to sell their players outside the transfer window with the transfer going through immediately.  The Premier League/FA wouldn't allow them to do it last time they made the request because tney weren't in admin and therefore not officially in a crisis as far as the Premier League/FA were concerned.

Ah, interesting.  Wonder who is the first to go in the fire sale.

going to admin, doesn't mean they won't get wound up, it means they are most likely to!

it's bascially the owners trying to get as much of their investment's back, before being wound up

Shouldn't be wound up if they enter administration.

http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/company-rescue/guides/What-is-a-winding-up-petition.aspx

Other than pay up there are only a few other options. There may still be time to propose a Company Voluntary Arrangement if you act FAST....call Keith Steven on 07974 086779 for a chat.

Other options include taking legal advice on defending the petition (if is not an agreed debt for instance).

If the business IS VIABLE and has a good future then administration is a very powerful means to defend the company against the petition.

Administration will “stay” (or stop) the winding up petition and prevent a winding up order being made and any other legal action (except with leave of court).

The administrator may propose a Company Voluntary Arrangement to protect the business and allow a repayment of debts for up to 5 years. Or it may be sold to a new company or buyers (including you as directors). See the administration guide pages here.

How will the Portsmouth players react to the club going in to administration? Will they be paid? They may raise their game to try to impress potential future employers. They may just think "what's the point?" and go through the motions not wanting to risk an injury playing for a doomed club.

How will the Portsmouth players react to the club going in to administration? Will they be paid? They may raise their game to try to impress potential future employers. They may just think "what's the point?" and go through the motions not wanting to risk an injury playing for a doomed club.

Couldnt give a fuck what the players think, its not like another club wont pick them up and offer them a similar wage and not forgetting these cunts have been paid well in the past.

Its not going to be like a 50 year old steel working who has only known the steel industry and has suddenly found that he has no job.

Fuck the players.

People i feel sorry for are the none playing staff and the fans.

The players and board members are a bunch of cunts. FACT.

Couldnt give a fuck what the players think, its not like another club wont pick them up and offer them a similar wage and not forgetting these cunts have been paid well in the past.

Its not going to be like a 50 year old steel working who has only known the steel industry and has suddenly found that he has no job.

Fuck the players.

The players and board members are a bunch of cunts. FACT.

My point wasn't 'let's feel sorry for the players', my point was 'How are the player going to react?'.

They may play like shite for the rest of the season. It can't be good for motivation knowing no matter how well you do the club are almost certain to be relegated and you won't be there next season. Also I'm sure I've read if the players get paid late 3 times their contracts become void and they can walk for free if they want.

Couldnt give a f*** what the players think, its not like another club wont pick them up and offer them a similar wage and not forgetting these c***s have been paid well in the past.

f*** the players.

The players and board members are a bunch of c***s. FACT.

My point wasn't 'let's feel sorry for the players', my point was 'How are the player going to react?'.

They may play like s**** for the rest of the season. It can't be good for motivation knowing no matter how well you do the club are almost certain to be relegated and you won't be there next season. Also I'm sure I've read if the players get paid late 3 times their contracts become void and they can walk for free if they want.

If the players cant play for personal pride then they are even bigger cunts then normal.

It's the players and their agents demanding so much money and being greedy that has got Portsmouth into this situation, aswell as Portsmouth's stupidity aswell for going along with it, fuck the players, it's not like they have a mortgage to pay for, I find it very hard to believe that someone on as much money as they are on a week don't save up and buy houses etc in one go rather then getting mortgages and such, if that is the case then the players should have enough morals to play for nothing, or as little as they can get away with it.

It's the players and their agents demanding so much money and being greedy that has got Portsmouth into this situation, aswell as Portsmouth's stupidity aswell for going along with it, fuck the players, it's not like they have a mortgage to pay for, I find it very hard to believe that someone on as much money as they are on a week don't save up and buy houses etc in one go rather then getting mortgages and such, if that is the case then the players should have enough morals to play for nothing, or as little as they can get away with it.

:nope:

It's the players and their agents demanding so much money and being greedy that has got Portsmouth into this situation, aswell as Portsmouth's stupidity aswell for going along with it, f*** the players, it's not like they have a mortgage to pay for, I find it very hard to believe that someone on as much money as they are on a week don't save up and buy houses etc in one go rather then getting mortgages and such, if that is the case then the players should have enough morals to play for nothing, or as little as they can get away with it.

People who own and run the club being daft cunts more like.

Guest neesy111

Grant came across as a really good guy in his Sky interview, feel sorry for him and the fans.

he is a good guy, underrated manager imo

How dare the players accept alot of money? :lol:

Any self-respecting person would have turned round and said "Oooh that's a bit high. How about you just give me half?"

Nobody put a gun to the back of the Pompey board and force them to hand ridiculously high wages.

The blame rests solely at the feet of the muppets in charge.

How dare the players accept alot of money? :lol:

Any self-respecting person would have turned round and said "Oooh that's a bit high. How about you just give me half?"

Nobody put a gun to the back of the Pompey board and force them to hand ridiculously high wages.

The blame rests solely at the feet of the muppets in charge.

All footballers are cunts, i have a serious lack of sympathy for any of them, regardless of what club they play for at the top or at the bottom.