Transfer Window Predictions

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we will get the obviouse, Killgallon, and Beckford, Simpson will extend his loan and also sign a pre-contract with us aswell, I also think we will get one more in on loan, probs Zurab again.

I think we will fend off bids for both Carrol and Nolan, just, and if we get a decent bid for Colo then he will go.

I'm also expecting Boyd's name to still be said once or twice, even if it is just saying that we will turn to him if Leeds don't agree to us Beckford.

May I add I don't think we will get Killgallon and Beckford untill the last games have been played of this month, because their clubs will be resigned to losing them but will want to keep them for as many games as they can, especially Leeds who are in a similar position to us, and bearing in mind they may also be selling Snodgrass, they may have weakend their team by a fair bit.

I think we'll lose a midfielder to a struggling prem team. Maybe Guthrie or Nolan.

i think someone might be mad enough to take a punt on butt "for his experience"

Don't be stupid, he's too good and too vital for us to lose.

I think we'll lose a midfielder to a struggling prem team. Maybe Guthrie or Nolan.

As if we can afford to! We've only got about four to start with :lol:

I don't want to, but we've got Nolan, Smith, Guthrie, Barton and Butt for the middle. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we flog one, especially if someone panics and bids £6m or something equally ludicrous for Nolan.

I wouldn't really want to lose Nolan or Guthrie, both I think can play a big part next season, well in Guthries case he's more of one for the future, or a couple of years when he becomes the finished article, the others though I think can be easily replaced, and no doubt Smith, Butt, Barton, and Geremi are the highest earners, apart from Colo.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we sold 2 of them and got a combined £5-6m, if it meant us spending a few million on a central-midfielder who could play football.

That'd be great, I just can't see the second half of that sentance happening. Our midfield pairing of Nolan and Smith, whilst perfectly effective in this league, would be an utter embarassment in the prem.

i think someone might be mad enough to take a punt on butt "for his experience"

Not a chance.

strange things can happen in jan, hull might get desperate or whoever takes over at bolton with their limited funds and may view him as a bargain (thinking of the butt of manchester united rather than the one of now) but probably wishful thinking on my part

If Skirge is right, Beckford is already signed sealed and delivered.

I would like to see us get the norweigan lad, Skelbred or whatever his name is. Looks like he could be a canny cheap option.

Not sure about Kilgallon but I have this sneaky feeling it is Campbell coming in.

I dont think MU will extend Simpsons loan because it will mean he can sign a pre contract with us.  They will want something for him so I can see him signing permanently in the last week of the window for somewhere between 1 to 1.5 million.

Noone of any significance going out apart from maybe Geremi or Butt on loan, free transfer or a make up in a deal with Leeds for Beckford.

If Skirge is right, Beckford is already signed sealed and delivered.

I would like to see us get the norweigan lad, Skelbred or whatever his name is. Looks like he could be a canny cheap option.

Not sure about Kilgallon but I have this sneaky feeling it is Campbell coming in.

I dont think MU will extend Simpsons loan because it will mean he can sign a pre contract with us.  They will want something for him so I can see him signing permanently in the last week of the window for somewhere between 1 to 1.5 million.

Noone of any significance going out apart from maybe Geremi or Butt on loan, free transfer or a make up in a deal with Leeds for Beckford.

Rosenborg, skjelbreds club, denied about £5m bid from germany

Great start, Geremi wasn't really contributing that much on the pitch. I've heard he was doing good work behind the scenes with this player committee, but I think the 50/60K a week is better spent on some new blood rather than a committee member!

Hopefully the Beckford deal is well in the way, in which case a defender ala Kilgallon or Campbell (hope not) would be the next logical step.

Simpson ideally to be kept too!

Guest Stephen927

I'm not really convinced by Simpson at all. He looks distinctly average iyam

I'd rather we signed Voltz on a free, he's a better player and proven in the Premier League

He's on trial with Schalke.

Guest Phil K

In.

Kilgallon & Beckford

Out.

Geremi (random Turkish/Greek/French club)

:coolsmiley:

Nice work so far, one down two to go :thup:

Heard the Kilgallon thing before.

Whats he actually like though ?

No recollection of him whatsoever

He a sort of Championship-quality journeyman ?

Good and solid but nothing spectacular ?

My prediction is of course now that Geremi will go, that Beckford and Kilgallon are coming in. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we manage to sell or at least loan out LuaLua as Hughton doesn't seem to rate him.