Transfer Window Predictions

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Joey can play on the left of midfield, the right of midfield, through the centre or just off a striker. His return to fitness is like 4 new signings for us."

Derek Llambias January 31st 2010.

"Joey can play on the left of midfield, the right of midfield, through the centre or just off a striker. His return to fitness is like 4 new signings for us."

:lol:

:undecided:

In:

Kilgallon

Beckford

^^ These two wont cost more than 4.5m combined

Out:

None

Wouldn't pay more than 2m for the pair considering their respective contract situations.

In:

Kilgallon

Beckford

Simpson (Permenant)

Out:

Anyone who we have a half decent offer for.

Sent to Bermuda:

Butt

Geremi

Where's everyone reckoning the brass is coming from?

ashley wanting to make sure he gets his mits on the prem tv money and increased money from sponsorship deals (which are in negioations over and he will get more money for a prem team than a fizzy pop one)

anyhow

in beckford (wrongly imo)

killa

out

geremi (i wish)

If we do need to sell someone to fund for some other transfers, then i'd rather it be Carroll than anyone else. I just get the feeling he's never gonna be the player he could be at this club. The man needs tuition and a bit of a firm hand. He'll get neither here. Plus we'll get a few bob for him.

No idea. How much did we lose due to relegation? Did player sales only cover that loss, is more money still coming in from these staggered payments from sales like milner and given?

id say all of our players out deals in the last 18 months are staggered ones so i don't think player sales covered the loss due to ashley having to put in 20m to cover running costs and cost cutting measures in place. Remember the wage bill may be well down but its still huge by championship standards

Forget strikers and defenders.

Two box to box midfielders please mr Hughton. Preferably without flogging anyone, but I cant see you getting any money without doing so unfortunately.

Thought that was a genuine quote till I saw the date.  Didn't seem surprised either.  :\

No idea. How much did we lose due to relegation? Did player sales only cover that loss, is more money still coming in from these staggered payments from sales like milner and given?

id say all of our players out deals in the last 18 months are staggered ones so i don't think player sales covered the loss due to ashley having to put in 20m to cover running costs and cost cutting measures in place. Remember the wage bill may be well down but its still huge by championship standards

I agree mostly, though we have to remember that our revenue is also still huge by championship standards.