Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Guest firetotheworks

He has been out so long and my memory is awful but is it common knowledge him and Jose don't get on?

Seeing them two tonight brought back memories that they really seem to not like each other. They will only pass to each other if there is no other option.

They had a very public row last season - I think it was the Blackburn away game. Enrique didn't cover back or close a man down, and when we lost a goal, Barton really let rip.

They didn't combine well tonight, but seeing as Barton is a right-footed central midfield player, it was always going to be difficult.

:lol: It wasn't Blackburn, and we didn't concede from it. It was Fulham away.

He has been out so long and my memory is awful but is it common knowledge him and Jose don't get on?

Seeing them two tonight brought back memories that they really seem to not like each other. They will only pass to each other if there is no other option.

They had a very public row last season - I think it was the Blackburn away game. Enrique didn't cover back or close a man down, and when we lost a goal, Barton really let rip.

They didn't combine well tonight, but seeing as Barton is a right-footed central midfield player, it was always going to be difficult.

:lol: It wasn't Blackburn, and we didn't concede from it. It was Fulham away.

I seem to remember them having a row at Blackburn away. Two players were having a bit of a barney anyway, it was down the other end of the pitch from the away fans mind so might have got the names wrong.

Guest BooBoo

Enrique and Barton had a slanging match at Blackburn last season after they scored their third goal. 100% sure of that.

Enrique and Barton had a slanging match at Blackburn last season after they scored their third goal. 100% sure of that.

:thup:

Must be what I'm thinking of. Didn't want to be too sure mind as I was fucking hammered.

to be fair Barton was right to bollock Jose at the time cos Jose didn't do his job and it cost us.

Thought he was probably our best player last night. First 10 minutes he looked a bit arrogant to me and didn't really looked like he cared. But after that spell he was winning so many tackles and won so many balls for us. And of course the assist for the second goal was just perfect.

He told The Chronicle: "I've not experienced any of that before.

"Winning the league and then all of the Geordie fans running on was an incredible, uplifting feeling.

"They were trying to loft me up and I said to them get me down because I don't deserve it - it is about the lads who have played all season. I've just come in and played a small part.

"I haven't been here for the majority of it, but I have been watching and been in the background.

"I was one of the ones who was there at the start of the season, and one of the ones who wanted to stay.

"Unfortunately, I got injured and haven't been able to play as big a part as I would like.

"I'm just made up. There have been some bad, bad days.

"The fans have been through a lot. We're just glad to put a smile on people's faces.

"It is an eight-hour bus ride and they couldn't fly so they must have had a great journey back with a few drinks.

"They have been magnificent all season and have been our 12th man."

Barton believes Birmingham have set the blueprint for what can be achieved by promoted clubs and it is a formula he has encouraged Newcastle to replicate next term.

"We're back in the Premier League," he added.

"We'll have to take small steps and learn to run before we can walk.

"You look at Birmingham and they didn't win the league last season.

"But we have to feel we can achieve what they have if we work hard."

Barton did play well last night but there were quite a few times especially in the first half when Jose made overlapping runs down the left and JB ignored him and played the simple pass inside. Might just be the fact that he isn't a left sided player though rather than him disliking Jose in any particular way.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd put that down to him not being a winger, and not having had much match practice (with THE BULL!). His overall play was good though, hope he stays injury free, incident free and prison free next season. A fully fit, level headed Joey Barton COULD be what we need.

"Winning the league and then all of the Geordie fans running on was an incredible, uplifting feeling.

"They were trying to loft me up and I said to them get me down because I don't deserve it - it is about the lads who have played all season. I've just come in and played a small part.

"I haven't been here for the majority of it, but I have been watching and been in the background.

"I was one of the ones who was there at the start of the season, and one of the ones who wanted to stay.

"Unfortunately, I got injured and haven't been able to play as big a part as I would like.

"The fans have been through a lot. We're just glad to put a smile on people's faces.

"It is an eight-hour bus ride and they couldn't fly so they must have had a great journey back with a few drinks.

Barton believes Birmingham have set the blueprint for what can be achieved by promoted clubs and it is a formula he has encouraged Newcastle to replicate next term.

Er?

Er?

odd mistake by him as hes smarter than your average footballer

His issue next season will be avoiding injury-inducing challenges as he will still be a target fir other teams looking him to wind him up. I think he still looks like he is a bit tentative which could be because of the series of foot injuries. There was a moment captured on screen last night just after a heavy tackle where he cupped his ear towards the bench, nodded and sort of shrugged. Didn't take a genius to work out what they were saying to him.

Best player on the pitch last night for me but it was just a league one side. However, I am confident he was deliberately playing within himself. If Hughton has him down for one of the central spots next season and we bring in a new midfielder, be interesting to see how the rest are fitted in.

Joey Barton circa 2006 would be a force in your team. If he can be that player again (consistently) has always been the question. In my opinion, he just needs a controversy and injury-free season since I think the ability's still there. He's entering what should be his peak as a player, too.

Joey Barton circa 2006 would be a force in your team. If he can be that player again (consistently) has always been the question. In my opinion, he just needs a controversy and injury-free season since I think the ability's still there. He's entering what should be his peak as a player, too.

This. Been saying this for the past few seasons, if he can get back to his form at city, which saw him win a place in the England squad (only for him to lose it after criticize Gerrard et al.) Then he will be a vital cog in our side, unfortunately, we've only seen glimpses of his former self, though he's still quite youngish, I  have faith that he can rediscover his form!