The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As cubaricho mentioned in another thread, if it would happen that Hodgson and Hughton were let go around the same time, would people want Hodgson in? I'm curious as to what people think of this scenario.

No, Hodgson isn't as good as some people think and he's where he deserves to be in the table.

Guest neesy111

As cubaricho mentioned in another thread, if it would happen that Hodgson and Hughton were let go around the same time, would people want Hodgson in? I'm curious as to what people think of this scenario.

No, Hodgson isn't as good as some people think and he's where he deserves to be in the table.

Agree with Mick's view, overrated manager.

Did a cracking job at Fulham like, given a few years he would probably rebuild Liverpool into a top 4-6 club. Obviously they have higher ambitions than that.

He didn't do anything at Blackburn.

Guest neesy111

Did a cracking job at Fulham like, given a few years he would probably rebuild Liverpool into a top 4-6 club. Obviously they have higher ambitions than that.

He did, but he was given a hell of a lot of money for a club the size of Fulham.

Guest neesy111

Since we're talking about it, Wouldn't want hodgson like. Would like to see jol come in. But would love to see Oneill here.

O'Neill won't come unless he has an endless cash pit.

Serious question? probably the worst manager in the league out excellent small club manager in would be the transfer of the season.

Jol and O'Neil :lol: :lol:

If we are to sack Hughton at somepoint this season we'll be attracting managers of Joe Kinnears calibre. At a push, maybe Phil Brown. Anyone who thinks otherwise is moronic.

Anyone who thinks we should keep Hughton just because changing manager isn't good is moronic.

Putting Hughton aside for a minute, whether it's June 12th or January 1st, if it manager isn't right for a job then the owner should sack him - this 'oh we never keep a manager' stuff is bollocks. I'd rather change manager three times in a season then go down the wrong path with one guy who isn't good enough.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hughton is the man for the job.

Sack him and we are down. Keep him and we might stay up.

Who are going to get?

Seriously?

Probably rubbish but saw this on another forum: Three independent sources from within the bookmaking fraternity and not confined to London are adamant that JFK will be back in charge in the not too distant future - a nightmare scenario.

I think this is one of the problems of promoting a coach. No matter how well he does, the minute things are a bit rocky, all the doubts that existed when he first took over as caretaker start to come back.

Hughton proved his ability last season. If we sack him now, we'll deserve to go down.

The last championship winner to hold their own in the top flight at the first attempt was Keegan. So that doesn't prove anything really.

Not that I'm saying sack him, but we'll deserve to go down just as much by hanging on to someone out of their depth because they got us up.

The last championship winner to hold their own in the top flight at the first attempt was Keegan. So that doesn't prove anything really.

Not that I'm saying sack him, but we'll deserve to go down just as much by hanging on to someone out of their depth because they got us up.

if the replacements jfk ill keep mr hughton thank you very much