The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Problem is no-one of any worth will accept a one year contract is Hughton get's the boot then what happens if they fail? Will still result in a hefty pay off.

Not saying he should get a 5 year deal or anything but an 18 month extension wouldn't hurt.

If he deserves the new contract at Christmas, they should add 2 & 1/2 years onto it really, not just 18 months.  Can't be having the same shit every January. 

I think its a simple case of Ashley waiting to see how good Hughton is in the Premier League, i.e. if we are struggling mid way through the season its cheaper to sack him, if we are looking safe mid way through then extend his contract.

For what its worth, I would give him the contract now. We're 7 wins away from have more points than we did when we went down with 28 games left to play.

Problem is no-one of any worth will accept a one year contract is Hughton get's the boot then what happens if they fail? Will still result in a hefty pay off.

Not saying he should get a 5 year deal or anything but an 18 month extension wouldn't hurt.

If he deserves the new contract at Christmas, they should add 2 & 1/2 years onto it really, not just 18 months.  Can't be having the same s*** every January. 

:thup:

Just like sacking a manager at this point of the season is stupid, so is giving a manager a contract extension. At least by Christmas we'll have a good idea of where we're headed.

Guest Chris P

If he deserves the new contract at Christmas, they should add 2 & 1/2 years onto it really, not just 18 months.  Can't be having the same shit every January. 

:smug:

CH is an ave manager doing an ave job, dont see why people are so keen on him being reconfirmed as maanger.

As an apprentice manager he is maybe punching above his lvl atmo, but he will struggle to keep us up, unless the purse strings snap in jan.

Untill me beat a top 4 side, we are still relegation candidates.

CH is an ave manager doing an ave job, dont see why people are so keen on him being reconfirmed as maanger.

As an apprentice manager he is maybe punching above his lvl atmo, but he will struggle to keep us up, unless the purse strings snap in jan.

What have you been drinking?  :lol:

so beating everton and villa means nothing to you? 2 sides who were in the top 8 last year

Balls.

Who are deemed 'top four sides'?

Because Wolves and Sunderland have beaten Man City, Blackpool have beaten Liverpool and West Ham have beaten Spurs. I wonder who actually are relegation candidates, apart from us of course.

Possibly the worst logic I've ever read.

Keep of the solvents

Guest Howaythetoon

CH is an ave manager doing an ave job

He may be an "average manager" but to suggest he's doing an average job is laughable in the extreme, he is doing a magnificent job.