The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just on the promotion seasons, not including the back end of 91/92 when Keegan inherited the shit or the 08/09 when Hughton inherited the shit....

Hughton 09/10

P51

W32(62.75%)

D13(25.49%)

L6(11.76%)

2.13 points per game

Keegan 92/93

P53

W32(60.37%)

D11(20.75%)

L10(18.86%)

2.01 points per game

This is what worries me about Hughton, of what I've seen of him. There's no need to come out with stuff like that, let alone the fact he actually thinks that.

Don't see what the problem with him saying 'Ryan is frustrated with his lack of opportunities last season and the situation will be reviewed this summer, now can you find something other than our second choice right-back to waste my time with'.

He literally just said that Ryan Taylor would get his "fair share" of chances. Depending on how he preforms in training during the pre-season, a "fair share" could very well be 0. No part of that interview seems anything but cautious and professional.

Of course, let's just take it to mean that Ryan Taylor is going to start every game in the Premiership next season just so we can have a go at Hughton again :lol:

Don't see what the problem with him saying 'Ryan is frustrated with his lack of opportunities last season and the situation will be reviwed this summer, now can you find something other than our second choice right-back to waste my time with'.

Yep, that would be a good idea  :doh:

It still mystifies me how some don't understand what a manager will say in the press may differentiate to what he really means.

Guest Heneage

Pretty sure Hughton called the press conference to underline his support of Raylor.

:rolleyes:

With Taylor sat next to him in tears. :lol:

Don't see what the problem with him saying 'Ryan is frustrated with his lack of opportunities last season and the situation will be reviwed this summer, now can you find something other than our second choice right-back to waste my time with'.

Yep, that would be a good idea  :doh:

Well why isn't it?