The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely disgraceful we've not got anyone in yet.

With what?

And being fair, very few deals have been done by anyone so far.

Considering we've had the longest out of anyone in England knowing our fate for next year i think its pretty shit we've not got anyone through the doors yet.

Face it, we haven't got a plan, there's probably little communication within the club and nothing is getting sorted. I bet if an offer comes in for a player he's out the door before the phonecall has ended, but players in early so they can settle? No chance, that would be doing things correctly and this club doesn't understand things like that.

I was right last time, KK buggered off on holiday after being in the job 3 months leaving these clowns to deal with the transfers and it ended up with us being relegated, though Chris won't bail on us, but when he's left with a shite squad at the start of the season he'll too realise the transfer policy of this club has led to panic buys and shite like Leon Best coming in because he's cheap and cheerful never mind woefully shit.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell, your intuition is amazing. You've basically described the reality that everyone is already aware of there mate.

With what?

Considering we've had the longest out of anyone in England knowing our fate for next year i think its pretty s*** we've not got anyone through the doors yet.

Face it, we haven't got a plan, there's probably little communication within the club and nothing is getting sorted. I bet if an offer comes in for a player he's out the door before the phonecall has ended, but players in early so they can settle? No chance, that would be doing things correctly and this club doesn't understand things like that.

I was right last time, KK buggered off on holiday after being in the job 3 months leaving these clowns to deal with the transfers and it ended up with us being relegated, though Chris won't bail on us, but when he's left with a s**** squad at the start of the season he'll too realise the transfer policy of this club has led to panic buys and s**** like Leon Best coming in because he's cheap and cheerful never mind woefully s***.

TT..........A bit over the top, mate. Most players contracts do not run out till the end of the month anyway. Who is to know if Hughton hasnt got the players he wants already lined up and ready to go for pre season.

We didnt expect him to sign 4 permanent and 2 loaners in January and the mmajority of those deals were very close to his chest.

We may yet be surprised.

With what?

Considering we've had the longest out of anyone in England knowing our fate for next year i think its pretty s*** we've not got anyone through the doors yet.

I was right last time, KK buggered off on holiday after being in the job 3 months leaving these clowns to deal with the transfers and it ended up with us being relegated, though Chris won't bail on us, but when he's left with a s**** squad at the start of the season he'll too realise the transfer policy of this club has led to panic buys and s**** like Leon Best coming in because he's cheap and cheerful never mind woefully s***.

You're talking as if there was ever any intention we were going to buy :lol:

Guest malandro

The comments are probably unrelated, certainly in the sense you mean (ie, how to go about transfers).

He probably means (now) which freebies and loanees he's actually gonna go for, having begun identifying them earlier on.

Possibly, but identifying new players (be they free transfers, loans or even ones that command a transfer fee) should be an ongoing activity. It shouldn’t be case of doing nowt until you know what division you’re going to be in the next season and then drawing up a list of potential targets. If that’s what they’ve been doing for the last two months our head start will count for nothing.

Where's the evidence that they're "doing nowt"?

Isn't that a little back to front? :lol:

Last window, we didn't hear a whisper of any of the signings before they happened. They should change that modus operandi... why exactly?

Didn't say they should, but last window there was money to spend so it's slightly different. I just find the concept of evidence of nothing amusing.

And I'm as amused by the concept of nothing as evidence.

Fuck knows what's going on behind the scenes, but whether they're doing absolutely fuck all, or everyone at the club is working their bollocks off to bring in loans or bosmans or whatever, we'd see precisely the same evidence of it either way. Nothing.

Guest malandro

Didn't say they should, but last window there was money to spend so it's slightly different. I just find the concept of evidence of nothing amusing.

f*** knows what's going on behind the scenes, but whether they're doing absolutely f*** all, or everyone at the club is working their bollocks off to bring in loans or bosmans or whatever, we'd see precisely the same evidence of it either way. Nothing.

Hughton said this week that they’re “just using the first few weeks of the summer to decide what we’re going to do” and “on the back of a very good season where we’ve won promotion it’s now time to sit back and evaluate”.

Doesn’t sound like they’ve being doing much to me, and it does appear to contradict his statement about having a head start. The sitting back and evaluating should have happened at the start of April when we secured promotion, and if they are just getting round to it now what do you think they have been doing for the last two months?

f*** knows what's going on behind the scenes, but whether they're doing absolutely f*** all, or everyone at the club is working their bollocks off to bring in loans or bosmans or whatever, we'd see precisely the same evidence of it either way. Nothing.

Hughton said this week that they’re “just using the first few weeks of the summer to decide what we’re going to do” and “on the back of a very good season where we’ve won promotion it’s now time to sit back and evaluate”.

Doesn’t sound like they’ve being doing much to me, and it does appear to contradict his statement about having a head start. The sitting back and evaluating should have happened at the start of April when we secured promotion, and if they are just getting round to it now what do you think they have been doing for the last two months?

Hughton identified & signed the centreforward he believes can keep us up next year in January of this year.

No need to panic.

Hughton identified & signed the centreforward he believes can keep us up next year in January of this year.

No need to panic.

:celb:

Well, if we're taking this quote as gospel, what they are doing is "evaluating".

As I believe someone has already pointed out, most of the players we might be after are not even yet out of contract. Plus, history teaches us that a) there is rarely much activity in the early part of a WC summer and b) even if there was loads going on, we're unlikely to see much evidence of it.

No need to panic.

Hughton identified the players within his budget, some turned out ok, some didn't. You can't make a silk purse from a pig's ear. Ashley clearly isn't going to invest more money so expecting top class signings is delusional.