The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All things considered I'd say I'm very content with his recruitment efforts. Not perfect but which clubs' are? i like the reasoning behind probably all the transfers that I can think of.Sometimes things don't work out, other times they go unexpectedly well, c'est la vie - the aim is to maximise your chances of success.

The only thing I'd be fascinated to know is exactly how or scouting and negotiating works. If I found out wise was still involved in some way or other I wouldn't be all that surprised in all honesty (or jeff vetere - I'd probably be pleased to hear that actually as I'm under the impression he was alright, a cockney lamb that shouldn't have been sacrificed). That said most indications seem to suggest hughton has a hefty say in things, at least with regards assessing priority squad areas and to a lesser extent identifying particular players.

All things considered I'd say I'm very content with his recruitment efforts. Not perfect but which clubs' are? i like the reasoning behind probably all the transfers that I can think of.Sometimes things don't work out, other times they go unexpectedly well, c'est la vie - the aim is to maximise your chances of success.

The only thing I'd be fascinated to know is exactly how or scouting and negotiating works. If I found out wise was still involved in some way or other I wouldn't be all that surprised in all honesty (or jeff vetere - I'd probably be pleased to hear that actually as I'm under the impression he was alright, a cockney lamb that shouldn't have been sacrificed). That said most indications seem to suggest hughton has a hefty say in things, at least with regards assessing priority squad areas and to a lesser extent identifying particular players.

Most refreshing of all he understands how he wants his team to work and hasn't been daunted at any point with regard to fianancial constraints and a million other challenges at the club.

Whatever happens now, Hughton will live or die by his choices.

The players who didn't want to be here left last year, the ones who were up for the battle stayed. He's made his own signings with more cash than he probably anticipated, and basically, this is Hughton's team.

Think he's going to be a good, solid Premier League manager in his own right now and think he'll leave us in a much more stable position than this club has been in for 7-8 years.

Whatever happens now, Hughton will live or die by his choices.

The players who didn't want to be here left last year, the ones who were up for the battle stayed. He's made his own signings with more cash than he probably anticipated, and basically, this is Hughton's team.

Think he's going to be a good, solid Premier League manager in his own right now and think he'll leave us in a much more stable position than this club has been in for 7-8 years.

I've got to admit I've had my doubts all along with Hughton, it's still early days but in the last 7 or 8 months he's done a lot to persuade me that I may have been wrong.

Most refreshing of all he understands how he wants his team to work and hasn't been daunted at any point with regard to fianancial constraints and a million other challenges at the club.

Yep, especially regarding your first point. He seems to see all players within the context of the greater picture - what a new signing will allow an old squad member to do differently etc. Very nice. Not had that since... Well, keegan, actually. Robson, prior to that.

Reckon it's sink or swim now he's put his own mark on the team and I'm quietly confident that he'll swim.

This season however will be breast-stroke opposed to front crawl.

I hope he gets his swimming ability from the white parent  :frantic:

Just browsing about and found this:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_03/OldSpursCele2602_468x245.jpg

Sicknote the only 1 that has not been on the payroll of NUFC.

Aye, was thinking about photoshopping him out, but thought that's just sad.  :blush:

Guest firetotheworks

Ah Ruel Fox. He deserves more of a mention imo. Before Dizzy stood up and made Right Wing his own, he was a right little handful for the opposition.

Us CH's think alike - I recognised the place we needed to strengthen first was midfield, as did Hughton. We have signed two quality players in this department and gained depth for our stronger areas. The mixture of old and young is nicely balanced and we can play with plenty of width, discipline and spirit. Mag-nifique!

Guest neesy111

He's proved me wrong a few times, 2 cracking signings and hopefully another striker to come in.  I think we might actually compete for mid-table this season.

I thought we needed a centre mid, attack mid and striker before the summer and he has strengthened all those positions. In January when everyone thought we needed a right winger he bought a right winger. For once in a long time we seem to have a manager who strengthens and develops the areas that need strengthened. I know its still early days and only his second season in charge but he has already got us playing as a team, the work rate is high and at times the tempo is high. Players like campbell, tiote, ben arfa and keane if we get him can surely only improve our team and hopefully the tempo and creativity will be better.

He also must get credit for the way he has got carroll playing and developing other players. I think within a couple of seasons Ranger, vuckic etc will all benefit if Hughton keeps us up and keeps his job.

I actually feel pride for my team for the first time in a while because we actually look like a team that will work for each other and who want to win