The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sacking him would be utterly pointless, cos one of the reasons why we're top is his leniency in the dressing room. An actual manager would never stand for this ridiculous 'players committee', and would shove a lot of them out on their arses. We're top because of morale + genuine quality here and there, now and again. So sacking him would be pointless.

But he's a crap manager and we're top, largely, in spite of him.

This whole nicey nicey thing doesn't work for me though. They may like Hughton, but the right sort of respect isn't there.

A new guy may shove this player committee up their arses, but I bet it'd lead to them respecting him alot more eventually.

3) Why did he not bring in a central creative midfielder instead of Fitz Hall

Because we've only got Kadar, Colo and Williamson at CB? There's no reason why he couldn't bring in both.

We can shift Kadar to RB, I know its not his position, but Fitz Hall isnt exactly setting the world alight at his original position at CB never mind RB. I very much doubt Ashley would sanction deals for both.

What I want to understand today is:

1) Why did he start Butt

2) Why did Lovenkrands not play at all

4) Why does he persist on playing 4-4-1-1 and 4-5-1, teams have found us out with that system, its always when we switch to 4-4-2 were at our most dangerous, but he does it too late.

5) Why did Jonas not even get 10-15 minutes under his belt today

6) Why does he insist of starting Smith/Butt ahead of Guthrie in central midfield, and in todays case, BOTH of them.

Pilko will be along to stick up for him on all those points in a bit. :thup:

I think Hughton is trying to balance the fact that our most experienced players are our worst and it seems the younger our players get the more talented they are!

It's a tough situation for him. The fact that we're top shows he's done a decent job so far. We simply aren't going to play pretty football with Smith and Butt in the team. I'm sure Hughton knows they're crap. He just has to ... we just have to hope we go back up and I'm sure in the summer more changes will be made.

There doesn't have to be that balance. If they're shit, they shouldn't be in the team if there is an alternative. Tonight I could think of several alternatives to Butt, and all of them involve him being tied up and locked away at the back of the team bus.

I think Hughton is trying to balance the fact that our most experienced players are our worst and it seems the younger our players get the more talented they are!

It's a tough situation for him. The fact that we're top shows he's done a decent job so far. We simply aren't going to play pretty football with Smith and Butt in the team. I'm sure Hughton knows they're crap. He just has to ... we just have to hope we go back up and I'm sure in the summer more changes will be made.

Thats the one positive thing id take from today.

He took both Smith & Nolan off. So he can see it, he knows their performances have dropped.

Wtf he was thinking for the rest of it is beyond me but nevermind now

Because we've only got Kadar, Colo and Williamson at CB? There's no reason why he couldn't bring in both.

We can shift Kadar to RB, I know its not his position, but Fitz Hall isnt exactly setting the world alight at his original position at CB never mind RB. I very much doubt Ashley would sanction deals for both.

But we needed CB covering. Kadar is the only cover we had, because Taylor'll be out for the season. We couldn't go the rest of the season with three CB's.

Really bugs me that we're the best team in the league yet he's afraid to play with 2 up front away from home, aswell as his need to start Butt away.  He's far too negative and it's costing us.

If we had that money grabber Keegan in charge, we'd be well clear at the top and walking this division.

This f***ing place at times.

So then. We'll get rid of Hughton. And replace him with who exactly?

I'd honestly have faith in at least 10 on this forum to do a better job. A lot of us have seen these problems from day one.

It's hard to be angry at Hughton considering teh job he has done but i wish he would have more balls when it comes to attacking football. The fans will turn when we play and lose in this style in the premiership.

He got in wrong.. sure, everyone manager out there has got it very badly wrong on occasions .. but the facts are we are unbeaten in how long?.. we are in what position?.. lets not change anything and move on.

On the whole the guy is doing a top-notch job.

Utterly spineless team selection today and it resulted predictably in a shocking lack of creativity and threat.

Just grow a set Chris. I know you were a defender but man the hell up and drop the plodders.

Guest firetotheworks

He got it wrong in every way today. That doesn't mean I want rid now though. That would be fucking stupid when we're in the middle of a promotion challenge.

This f***ing place at times.

So then. We'll get rid of Hughton. And replace him with who exactly?

I'd honestly have faith in at least 10 on this forum to do a better job. A lot of us have seen these problems from day one.

That's still not a name. I'm genuinely interested to see who those that want him out would replace him with?