The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We said at the start of the season that the likes of Smith etc would send us back down to the Championship. I think today was proof that they will. We are very lucky to have Tiote and Ben Afra though, its just a question of when Hughton will drop his golden boys Nolan and Smith for better players.

Guest firetotheworks

Massive reality check for his fanboys today.

Bollocks, he cant finish the chances on the pitch. The team created more than enough to come back. Sucker punch chasing the equaliser and Smith is to blame for the pen.

I'm going to cling to this post in my head, when I think that everyone's lost the plot.

We said at the start of the season that the likes of Smith etc would send us back down to the Championship. I think today was proof that they will. We are very lucky to have Tiote and Ben Afra though, its just a question of when Hughton will drop his golden boys Nolan and Smith for better players.

I think it will harm the squad harmony if a player's dropped for no reason after a series of good performance/decent results.  I agree that the question is when he will drop, not why he didn't drop today.

Hughton is a manager who is learning his trade. Today is a learning curve for him i.e. he NEEDS to drop the players who played really well last year but are not good enough at this level, i.e. Nolan and players who somehow have a reputation as being a good player i.e. Smith. Needs to show some balls and drop those 2.

He wants sacking on the spot unless he changes the team after that f***ing debacle.

You mean the same team that has played pretty well until today?  Kneejerking fool.

Read the post you dim fuck. He was correct to go unchanged today, however if he leaves in certain players, particularly Smith and Nolan, for the next game then there's no way he's up to scratch. I'm a Hughton fanboy btw, I'd say the same if we had fucking Mourinho in charge.

He wants sacking on the spot unless he changes the team after that f***ing debacle.

You mean the same team that has played pretty well until today?  Kneejerking fool.

Read the post you dim f***. He was correct to go unchanged today, however if he leaves in certain players, particularly Smith and Nolan, for the next game then there's no way he's up to scratch. I'm a Hughton fanboy btw, I'd say the same if we had f***ing Mourinho in charge.

At least Mourinho has the fucking balls to make subs at half time.

Some of the comments are genuinely embarrassing. Let's ignore everything positive he's done because of one game, eh? Let's also ignore the fact that we had over 60% of possession in the second half, kept trying to play football, didn't just hoof it, and came up against a very good defence and goalkeeper. One fucking game and the knives are out. What happened to pragmatism? Some of you are fickle as hell and it's pathetic.

Read the post you dim f***. He was correct to go unchanged today, however if he leaves in certain players, particularly Smith and Nolan, for the next game then there's no way he's up to scratch. I'm a Hughton fanboy btw, I'd say the same if we had f***ing Mourinho in charge.

At least Mourinho has the f***ing balls to make subs at half time.

Like the FA Cup tie at SJP. That worked out well for him.

He brought in those players, he didn't sign Nolan or Smith.. and his goldenboys eh?  Wasn't Nicky Butt one of his goldenboys too?

I don't understand why he didn't play all his cards after 10min or of the second half? Nothing was happenning and the team were getting disorganised and bitty all over the park and snatching at half chances in desperation.

I don't understand why he didn't play all his cards after 10min or of the second half? Nothing was happenning and the team were getting disorganised and bitty all over the park and snatching at half chances in desperation.

Nothing was happening except for the numerous shots on target and domination of possession.

So if he starts the same team (which wasn't outplayed today) and has also been decent in the last 2 PL games, he should be sacked on the spot?? .. and you were the one who called me a dim f***.. honestly.