The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't think he did an awful lot wrong today but i'm a bit perplexed by the Carroll thing. There's no doubt at all that he's the best striker at the club, i'd rather he maintained faith in him than took a punt on Shola. Even if he's not scoring goals atm. All good strikers hit a rut.

Don't think he did an awful lot wrong today but i'm a bit perplexed by the Carroll thing. There's no doubt at all that he's the best striker at the club, i'd rather he maintained faith in him than took a punt on Shola. Even if he's not scoring goals atm. All good strikers hit a rut.

Playing Shola wasn't the problem, it was who he replaced.

Hard to really have a go at Hughton for today, again we've gone away from home and given a good performance and had the referee not faceraped us we'd have gotten something.

No question the spirit is good in the camp and when we're underdogs in a match we're doing some great things. The problem is that Hughton doesn't have the balls to drop Nolan and play two proper strikers up front at home, and we've lost to two poor teams in home games we should have been more aggressive in as a result.

Needs to sort it out like, he's digging his own grave with his loyalty to a retard like Kevin Nolan.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's labelled Nolan as a goalscorer/matchwinner... yet he decided to withdraw him when we most needed a goal. That's promising imo; it surprised me.

He did the same thing at Man United, Ameobi for Nolan that time.

I suppose we shouldn't take his quotes too seriously. He says these things because he's trying to be diplomatic. I don't think I've ever heard him criticise a player. He's always bigging them up, saying they're important to the team etc., but I don't think that truly reflects his feelings about them, which is why his actions sometimes seem to contradict his words.

I suppose we shouldn't take his quotes too seriously. He says these things because he's trying to be diplomatic. I don't think I've ever heard him criticise a player. He's always bigging them up, saying they're important to the team etc., but I don't think that truly reflects his feelings about them, which is why his actions sometimes seem to contradict his words.

Yep, he's like Keegan in that respect. He'll never criticise a player in public.

Yep, he's like Keegan in that respect. He'll never criticise a player in public.

Apart from when Keegan bollocked Beresford in front of the entire ground by hauling him off against Aston Villa for disagreeing with him.

Here Chris, you heard of a little thing in football...it's called FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO.

It's no coincidence that when he took Nolan off and stuck Shola/Carroll up there together, we looked 500% better. We should play two up top more often.

Here Chris, you heard of a little thing in football...it's called FOUR FOUR f***ing TWO.

It's no coincidence that when he took Nolan off and stuck Shola/Carroll up there together, we looked 500% better. We should play two up top more often.

I think also it was to do with fact they had just scored and werent as eager to push forward. We done perfectly well in the 2st half with 1 up front, expect it should have been Carroll and not shola

The 4-5-1 makes sense in some aspects. Striker is clearly the weakest area of the squad and it makes sense for us to try and play as few as possible.

Hughton just didn't count on Nolan being turboshit. Fair play, now man up and fix it.

We were relegated the last time I said this, but... I'm willing to give Shola a chance.

Did the vast majority right again today imho. Love the guy.

Love it how you've hid away for a week after Hughton threw away the game against Stoke  :lol:

Where was your 'support' then eh?  bluelaugh.gif

Chris seems to manage to make the wrong decisions during the match but set's us up pretty well.

Some may argue if he'd played Arfa off the front man like he should we'd still be looking forward to a decent season, as it stands I think we'll be lucky to stay up.

Here Chris, you heard of a little thing in football...it's called FOUR FOUR f***ing TWO.

I think also it was to do with fact they had just scored and werent as eager to push forward. We done perfectly well in the 2st half with 1 up front, expect it should have been Carroll and not shola

:lol:

We barely did anything. It was City slowly getting better and better, until they brought on Johnson who had the quality to break us down.

We played the "Oh well, 1-1 is a good result, let's just stay like this and we'll definitely draw" which almost never works.