The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really don't think he's good enough for a PL campaign. I don't really care what the players think of him as most of them need getting rid as well. We don't want to be bottom 4/5 12 games in still wondering about Hughton.

Maybe, but do really think most of the players will be leaving? Of course they won't.

If we don't refresh at least half the first team we will be relegated, so it don't really matter what I think.

You might be right, but surely it's pointless debating based on things that we know won't happen.

Must happen.

We will return with wages under control again and spare cash and PL money. The decks have been cleared so to speak. If Ashley has learnt anything it's what is needed to stay up....Having been through it once. Personally I'd get Shearer and Speed in as soon as promotion is formalised.

Ronaldo in knowing all the players shocker.

Anyone Ronaldo doesn't personally know?

:rolleyes:

What the f*** are you talking about? The player's don't respect him is the general feeling I get. Why they don't respect him is something I can't answer with any degree of certainty, obviously.

Ask them.

Fecking 'ell. :lol:

Yes, until we are in any position to expect better, and hopefully by then he will have proved he is up to it.

He speaks sense, shown a steady hand, and has turned a struggling team into a winning team with a strong showing of commitment and togetherness; Could hardly have asked for much more considering the circumstances.

Long live King Chris! :thup:

Really don't think he's good enough for a PL campaign. I don't really care what the players think of him as most of them need getting rid as well. We don't want to be bottom 4/5 12 games in still wondering about Hughton.

Maybe, but do really think most of the players will be leaving? Of course they won't.

If we don't refresh at least half the first team we will be relegated, so it don't really matter what I think.

You might be right, but surely it's pointless debating based on things that we know won't happen.

Must happen.

We will return with wages under control again and spare cash and PL money. The decks have been cleared so to speak. If Ashley has learnt anything it's what is needed to stay up....Having been through it once. Personally I'd get Shearer and Speed in as soon as promotion is formalised.

Wowsers!

If we are going to bother with getting rid of Hughton then I would rather go for someone more established than Shearer. Going down was the ideal time to give Shearer his shot, but unfortunately it didn't happen for whatever reason.

If we are making a change next season I wouldn't mind us making a play for Sven. I'm sure by then he would have been completely fed up with the weird goings on at Notts County.

Must happen.

I hope you're right about that, it would be great if we did invest wisely in the squad for once. And I suppose it's possible that Ashley has learned his lesson, even though it's never happened before!

Not sure I would go for Shearer and Speed though, if the situation really turns out to be that good then I'd like someone with a proven track record. Although obviously I haven't got a clue who that would be.

Guest Stephen927

It is the players who have got us where we are. It is Hughtons negative tactics and dodgy player selection which could yet scupper our promotion chance.

Guest Heneage

Ronaldo in knowing all the players shocker.

Anyone Ronaldo doesn't personally know?

:rolleyes:

I know it does seem like he pontificates sometimes, but I've heard numerous rumours about who's the boss in the dressing room. Mind you that puts me no higher in the knowledge stakes of what's going on than you or anyone else. I'm more saying it's unheard of.

Must happen.

Wowsers!

If we are going to bother with getting rid of Hughton then I would rather go for someone more established than Shearer. Going down was the ideal time to give Shearer his shot, but unfortunately it didn't happen for whatever reason.

If we are making a change next season I wouldn't mind us making a play for Sven. I'm sure by then he would have been completely fed up with the weird goings on at Notts County.

Sven is a very expensive date. But if it were possible of course. Can't see it though as his personal demands are notoriously high.

Generally, if you ask me, I think its a waste of time, Hughton had done a wonderful job this season with a squad good enough to win this division really, but I didnt see this happening back when we lost 6-1 to LO in preseason, if you had asked how wed be at this point during preseason nobody would say top of the championship, I mean, fuck, people were expecting us to be battling relegation in this division, finishing midtable, or doing a Leeds.

Nobody can tell how Hughton will do next season if we go up in the prem, all our preseason predictions of us having a shit season were wrong.

Nobody can tell how Hughton will do next season if we go up in the prem,

This.

(With the exception of Ronaldo, of course: at least he'll be able to tell us he told us so.)

Bollocks. If we don't replace Hughton and half the first team we'll be relegated. FACT.

This.

(With the exception of Ronaldo, of course: at least he'll be able to tell us he told us so.)

Bollocks. If we don't replace Hughton and half the first team we'll be relegated. FACT.

You got a crystal ball with you? Perhaps you've foreseen Hull City's great start to last years campaign as well?  :dowie:

This.

You got a crystal ball with you? Perhaps you've foreseen Hull City's great start to last years campaign as well?  :dowie:

My crystal ball is still tuned into last season. Remind me what happenned?  :pow:

Guest Roger Kint

This.

My crystal ball is still tuned into last season. Remind me what happenned?  :pow:

I believe Ashley defied common sense, didnt strengthen, got relegated then appointed Hughton as manager for 18 months. Based on starting this thread you seem to have either forgotten or failed to understand what happened.... ;)

This.

I believe Ashley defied common sense, didnt strengthen, got relegated then appointed Hughton as manager for 18 months. Based on starting this thread you seem to have either forgotten or failed to understand what happened.... ;)

On the contrary dear sir, people who think Hughton and this squad are good enough have forgotten what happenned. It isn't even as good as it was when we went down.

Guest Roger Kint

This.

On the contrary dear sir, people who think Hughton and this squad are good enough have forgotten what happenned. It isn't even as good as it was when we went down.

Seriously how many actually think that? If you are referring to anyone who can see the reality of Hughton being here regardless of who starts this weeks 'replace Hughton' thread then thats more understanding of how Ashley will do this than anything else. 99.99% of fans know Hughton isnt good enough, they simply have the common sense to acknowledge they cant change that fact.

It is the players who have got us where we are. It is Hughtons negative tactics and dodgy player selection which could yet scupper our promotion chance.

Theres some truth in both positive AND negative (above) about Cris Hughton's management.

But if he DOES manage to get us back up at the first attempt (we're starting to stumble a bit, worryingly) then he deserves all praise

we'll get promoted, make some very average signings, struggle for the first 10 games, he'll get sacked, bring someone else in.

or, we'll be bought out in the summer and they'll bring their own guy in. I can only see one of those two things happening.

No way he'll leave if Ashley is still here.

we'll get promoted, make some very average signings, struggle for the first 10 games, he'll get sacked, bring someone else in.

or, we'll be bought out in the summer and they'll bring their own guy in. I can only see one of those two things happening.

No way he'll leave if Ashley is still here.

The only differance this time will be that MA will have some money to spend without a crippling wage bill. No Wise to fuck things up either.

I get the feeling the players committee of Harper, Smudger, Nolan & Butt are running the gaff, hence the reason Ranger gets away with coming in late all the time. I don't believe the players have huge respect for him but I think they're behind them like the Mackems were behind Sbragia last season - he gives them an easy time of it so they're happy.

That's not to say Hughton hasn't done an admirable job. I mean tactially he's on another planet at times but he's not one to persist if something isn't working. He'll quiet happily make a change. He also seems to get on with things with the minimum of fuss which is nice after JFK came in, swore like a docker and then nearly died. Attention seeking cunt.

I'm one for dictatorship in the dressing room, not democracy. If we go up I can't see our current set up lasting very long so I want to see an out and out manager brought in. Chances of that happening are slim if Ashley us still here though.

I get the feeling the players committee of Harper, Smudger, Nolan & Butt are running the gaff, hence the reason Ranger gets away with coming in late all the time. I don't believe the players have huge respect for him but I think they're behind them like the Mackems were behind Sbragia last season - he gives them an easy time of it so they're happy.

That's not to say Hughton hasn't done an admirable job. I mean tactially he's on another planet at times but he's not one to persist if something isn't working. He'll quiet happily make a change. He also seems to get on with things with the minimum of fuss which is nice after JFK came in, swore like a docker and then nearly died. Attention seeking cunt.

I'm one for dictatorship in the dressing room, not democracy. If we go up I can't see our current set up lasting very long so I want to see an out and out manager brought in. Chances of that happening are slim if Ashley us still here though.

:laugh: