The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lose the derby playing as poorly as we did yesterday and he's really struggling. Unfortunately, the results against Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan mean that we really now need to win the derby. Had we taken points from those 3 games then the pressure wouldn't be there. Not convinced he's going to get the reaction from his players he needs either if I'm being totally honest.

I realise I'm being very negative also.

:thup:

He's not out for the count, but if he has a superhero act then it needs to come out sharpish.

Lose the derby playing as poorly as we did yesterday and he's really struggling. Unfortunately, the results against Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan mean that we really now need to win the derby. Had we taken points from those 3 games then the pressure wouldn't be there. Not convinced he's going to get the reaction from his players he needs either if I'm being totally honest.

He's not out for the count, but if he has a superhero act then it needs to come out sharpish.

It's also worth mentioning that if we actually go out and beat Sunderland then the pressure will be off. Massive game for Hughton personally and the club.

It's also worth mentioning that if we actually go out and beat Sunderland then the pressure will be off. Massive game for Hughton personally and the club.

The derby game is massive, but such is the fickleness of football at the minute, any victory will do. Lose to West Ham and we absolutely must beat Sunderland at any cost. Beat West Ham and from most it'll be less of a squeeky bum time IMO.

Every 3 points leads to less pressure, obviously.

The derby game is massive, but such is the fickleness of football at the minute, any victory will do. Lose to West Ham and we absolutely must beat Sunderland at any cost. Beat West Ham and from most it'll be less of a squeeky bum time IMO.

Every 3 points leads to less pressure, obviously.

Two wins in a row would do wonders.

What's annoying is that such is the nature of the league so far this year, victories against two of Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan would see us miles further up the league (probably in the top six) and subsequently in really high spirits.

As it is we've lost/drawn the most winnable matches we'll play all season; we're lucky in a way that we're not being cut adrift.

Fabricio Coloccini’s last-gasp equaliser saved Chris Hughton from the sack at Newcastle.

Owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias, who are desperate to retain their Barclays Premier League status this season, are growing increasingly jittery about their early season form and a third successive home defeat would have left Hughton facing serious questions in the boardroom.

The 2-2 draw with Wigan, following home defeats by Blackpool and Stoke, means the board are seeking improvement in their home form.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321372/Newcastle-boss-Chris-Hughton-saved-axe-Fabricio-Coloccinis-gasp-strike.html?#ixzz12ecTH5J1

Fabricio Coloccini’s last-gasp equaliser saved Chris Hughton from the sack at Newcastle.

Owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias, who are desperate to retain their Barclays Premier League status this season, are growing increasingly jittery about their early season form and a third successive home defeat would have left Hughton facing serious questions in the boardroom.

The 2-2 draw with Wigan, following home defeats by Blackpool and Stoke, means the board are seeking improvement in their home form.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321372/Newcastle-boss-Chris-Hughton-saved-axe-Fabricio-Coloccinis-gasp-strike.html?#ixzz12ecTH5J1

See they've been leaving the special people alone with the desktop publishing software again.

What's annoying is that such is the nature of the league so far this year, victories against two of Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan would see us miles further up the league (probably in the top six) and subsequently in really high spirits.

As it is we've lost/drawn the most winnable matches we'll play all season; we're lucky in a way that we're not being cut adrift.

Agree completely.

Everyone's over-reacting. We have 30 games left.

Not everyone at all.

You know what I meant, those talking about him being a game away from the sack and saying we're in severe danger and all this. As well as he did in the Championship, did anyone expect him to just come into the PL and get it right every time? As things stand we have 8 points, there are 90 more to play for. Getting a third of those will keep us in the league imo.

Guest neesy111

Whilst i dont particularly agree with it, if we lose the next two league games then he'll be under real pressure.

This.

When there was a poll are the beginning of the season, all but a few expected a big struggle this season.  And now that we are struggling as everyone expected, the campaign to have another manager sacking has started.  After 8 bloody games.  Ridiculous. 

What did you think a difficult season looked like?  Comfortable victories at home and the odd battering against the top 4?  That is mid table form.

And if he does get sacked for failing to get us comfortably mid table after 8 games, then who are we replacing him with?

A home derby defeat and there'll be genuinely hell on. Ashley and co are stupid enough to witness the reactions and knee jerk.

When there was a poll are the beginning of the season, all but a few expected a big struggle this season.  And now that we are struggling as everyone expected, the campaign to have another manager sacking has started.  After 8 bloody games.  Ridiculous. 

What did you think a difficult season looked like?  Comfortable victories at home and the odd battering against the top 4?  That is mid table form.

And if he does get sacked for failing to get us comfortably mid table after 8 games, then who are we replacing him with?

Where's this?

A home derby defeat and there'll be genuinely hell on. Ashley and co are stupid enough to witness the reactions and knee jerk.

Agree totally. It would be daft to react and sack him but I think a few are forgetting who makes the decisions.

He needs to sort out a proper game plan for home games, we've looked clueless in the last few. At Everton, Wolves and Man City we did relatively well pressing the ball and keeping the pressure up when we lost the ball in the final third, it just doesn't seem to happen for one reason or another at home and leaves the side looking disjointed, just seeing those two goals again, what a pair of fucking crap goals to concede.