The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reporting something with other journalists as the source is becoming a pandemic at the moment, it's madness. Even the BBC publish stories with quotes from other reporters FFS.

The media are well capable of turning something that is incredibly unlikely (i.e. Hughton getting sacked) into something that acquires some sort of fundamental truth.

They have to or they wouldn't be able to sell Newspapers etc.

Thank Rupert Murdoch for our shite media.

Yeah I know, but at least before they needed an actual real source for a story.

Now someone posts "Could Hughton be under pressure after three games without a win?" on Twitter and the next day it's a fact.

Guest neesy111

mark douglas on twitter-It was confirmed that the statement means they will renegotiate in JANUARY, not at the end of the season. 2-yr deal please! #nufc

Well, that means we are spending fuck all in January then.

mark douglas on twitter-It was confirmed that the statement means they will renegotiate in JANUARY, not at the end of the season. 2-yr deal please! #nufc

Cheers. Still more than fair enough IMO, but raises the question of what effect the transfer window will have.

Well, that means we are spending f*** all in January then.

Yawn.

Cheers. Still more than fair enough IMO, but raises the question of what effect the transfer window will have.

no different that what we expected tbh sweet fuck all

and caulkin on twitter says hes been writing new contract talks in jan for a while anyway so at least theres one journo who isn't thick

So embarrassed the club feel they have to come out and back him after tonight.

It's the f***ing Carling Cup. We are a newly-promoted side.

wasnt it before the match? genuine question.

Think it was released after, but I think they'd have done it anyway considering the s**** Sky came out with before the game.

what were they saying? just spinning what the papers had said?

Yep. 'Not sure why this has even come up...surely he's not under pressure?' etc etc. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT THEN YOU CUNTS.

They've given it legs basically. Total cock up. Should have just kept quiet and the press junket would have moved on to another party.

So basically the statement means that they will do what they were always planning to do anyway? And it isn't really a 'statement' anyway, it's just comments from a man.

I wouldn't be so sure there is any kind of plan tbh. They've been lucky with CH..Just quietly gets on with it. Which means they are storing up some massive clanger to balance out the good work they have accidentally done.  :lol:

So basically the statement means that they will do what they were always planning to do anyway? And it isn't really a 'statement' anyway, it's just comments from a man.

I wouldn't be so sure there is any kind of plan tbh. They've been lucky with CH..Just quietly gets on with it. Which means they are storing up some massive clanger to balance out the good work they have accidentally done.  :lol:

Chris Hughton was a fluke, for sure. But I don't know why you think another clanger's on its way. They came in very inexperienced and had to hit the ground running. They're older and wiser now.

The only uncertainty in my mind is how Ashley feels about continuing his commitment. He thought it would be fun, and it's been anything but. If a decent offer came in, he'd probably take it, but football clubs aren't the tempting prize that they once were.

The only thing I'll say is that the clowns have been too quiet for too long. Probably readying a brand new bungle as we speak.

:nope:  I think they'll be over the moon at us sitting in 9th and they'll think we're punching above our weight, Hughton is in no danger at the minute.

Also, Calderwood going had absolutely f*** all to do with the position of Hughton or the future of NUFC. He was always going to leave if an opportunity like that came up for him.

Total s*** again, linking two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I wasn't referring to Calderwood leaving, I was thinking more along the lines that actions speak louder than words. Allowing Hughton to appoint a new number 2 would demonstrate their backing more than a statement. There may already be someone lined up & hopefully they are in place soon.

I can't help but be worried about what Ashley might do... but all logic and reason says that Hughton is under no threat of the sack at the moment. There's just no reason for it at all.

Yup. Which is why I'm worried. They have a track record of doing completly the wrong thing (bar hiring CH).

The only pressure Hughton is under is from the press, not the club and not the fans.

very true but there are quite a lot of Newcastle fans who are thick as mince and believe what they read in the papers,  if the papers keep printing the crap some will take it in!

Also, Calderwood going had absolutely f*** all to do with the position of Hughton or the future of NUFC. He was always going to leave if an opportunity like that came up for him.

Total s*** again, linking two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I wasn't referring to Calderwood leaving, I was thinking more along the lines that actions speak louder than words. Allowing Hughton to appoint a new number 2 would demonstrate their backing more than a statement. There may already be someone lined up & hopefully they are in place soon.

It wasn't an attack on you mate, I was thinking of the media using Calderwood's departure as another flimsy reason to pile pressure on the C man.

I'm sure they are planning to appoint a number two soon, just finding the right man. If anything I'm glad they haven't just mindlessly promoted someone from the staff because it's easy/cheap.