The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 3 legends were mouthing off about Hughton aswell, saying that if we lose on Sunday that could be it. Even Supermac, whose meant to be "on our side", was sensationalising everything and at one point said that Hughton's team sheet last night struck him as "a resignation letter". Pricks!

Last nights team sheet was the right one, the players who started need games and we don't need injuries so it's a no-brainer, or at least it should be.

Find ex-footballer punditry on the whole a complete waste of time.  It's also really irritating when they sensationalise things because they haven't the intellignce to make it interesting any other way.

apparently according to mr durham a monkey out of a zoo could have got us up

According to Durham Jockeys should wear wing mirrors, F1 drivers should use ejector seats and someone will one day run the 100m in under a second. And still some people don't catch on that he's winding them up.  :lol:

The 3 legends were mouthing off about Hughton aswell, saying that if we lose on Sunday that could be it. Even Supermac, whose meant to be "on our side", was sensationalising everything and at one point said that Hughton's team sheet last night struck him as "a resignation letter". Pricks!

pathetic really

According to Durham Jockeys should wear wing mirrors, F1 drivers should use ejector seats and someone will one day run the 100m in under a second. And still some people don't catch on that he's winding them up. 

wrong person. That was mike parry

According to Durham Jockeys should wear wing mirrors, F1 drivers should use ejector seats and someone will one day run the 100m in under a second. And still some people don't catch on that he's winding them up.  :lol:

tbf i like the ejector seat idea

tbf i like the ejector seat idea

Ejector seat across the finish line if you can't overtake.  :pow:

According to Durham *Jockeys should wear wing mirrors, **F1 drivers should use ejector seats and ***someone will one day run the 100m in under a second. And still some people don't catch on that he's winding them up.  :lol:

*Mike Parry

**Mike Parry

***Mike Parry

Nice try.

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

I would be very surprised if our lawyers were going around spouting the odds.  If they were a top firm they wouldn't remain top for long if that's the way they approach business.

You are correct but they told me in confidence onviously not expecting me to put it on Forum

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

I would be very surprised if our lawyers were going around spouting the odds.  If they were a top firm they wouldn't remain top for long if that's the way they approach business.

You are correct but they told me in confidence onviously not expecting me to put it on Forum

Aye, that happened....

:lol: Then I highly doubt you'll be in a job much longer if that's the way you approach business! Not that I believe a single word you've said :razz:

Everybody I speak to is baffled by the club's announcement to 'back' Hughton.

It would appear that these sack stories are either totally made up by the papers or NUFC is spinning this sh*t. The club's weak pro Hughton quotes are strange to say the least and the timing of them is significant - right before the biggest game of the season. They know fine well they are putting more pressure on him by giving the press these quotes. When a board backs a manager it's often a kiss of death. How many times have we seen this, a few weeks later the manager gets sacked and the board can say they persevered as long as they could. Of course the nation will be told about how the deluded impatient Geordies got rid of another manager.

I really hope Ashley isn't up to his old tricks again. Now is the time to voice support for Hughton because wherever these stories are coming from - it's not the fans.

Everybody I speak to is baffled by the club's announcement to 'back' Hughton.

It would appear that these sack stories are either totally made up by the papers or NUFC is spinning this sh*t. The club's weak pro Hughton quotes are strange to say the least and the timing of them is significant - right before the biggest game of the season. They know fine well they are putting more pressure on him by giving the press these quotes. When a board backs a manager it's often a kiss of death. How many times have we seen this, a few weeks later the manager gets sacked and the board can say they persevered as long as they could. Of course the nation will be told about how the deluded impatient Geordies got rid of another manager.

I really hope Ashley isn't up to his old tricks again. Now is the time to voice support for Hughton because wherever these stories are coming from - it's not the fans.

The timing is clearly pre-meditated. I'm not totally convinced by Hughton, but can't see he has done that much wrong, most managers make a few mistakes at the start of the season as they are feeling out the squad and formations. Needs a fair crack of the whip and review it at Christmas, no reason at all for the club to contemplate his postion now. As you say the timing is strange.

The statement backs up what you say though Parky rather than go against it. They've said they won't sack him, they've said they'll start talks after the New Year, where we'll have a better idea of if we're going to do well or not, I reckon the statement was needed because silence would have been deafening had the press continued speculating as they are and we'd said nothing to deny it.

The timing is clearly pre-meditated. I'm not totally convinced by Hughton, but can't see he has done that much wrong, most managers make a few mistakes at the start of the season as they are feeling out the squad and formations. Needs a fair crack of the whip and review it at Christmas, no reason at all for the club to contemplate his postion now. As you say the timing is strange.

I forgot to add the club released this statement right after the 4-0 home defeat I believe, a perfect time to put your manager's failings in the spotlight if you want shot of him.